We have curated a list of our current December culinary favourites and notable limited edition menus, into one convenient spot for this month’s Vancouver Foodie Friday feature. Here are our holiday finds and updates for all foodies alike:
Vancouver Foodie Friday – Holiday Menus, Christmas Dinners, Cocktail Pop-Ups and More
Beaucoop Bakery’s 2023 Winter Collection
- Where: 2150 Fir Street, Vancouver or St. Regis Hotel, 602 Dunsmuir Street, Vancouver
- When: Started November 24th, 2023
- Details: Beaucoup Bakery has announced their 2023 winter collection, “Nutcracker Sweets”. Inspired by the Land of the Sweets, pastry chef Betty Hung and her team have created two new Bûche de Noël flavours, a 12-piece Nutcracker bon bon set and a cookie box. And brand new for this year, charcuterie croissants are available at the St. Regis location. Starting now through the rest of the holiday season, guests can pre-order the collection online for pick-up at Beaucoup Bakery’s Fir Street location. Select items (excluding yule logs) will be available at both cafes for walk-ins each day.
Chez Christophe’s 2023 Holiday Chocolate
- Where: 4717 Hastings Street, Burnaby or 1558 Johnston Road, White Rock
- When: Starting now through December 24th, 2023 or while supplies last
- Details: Award-winning Chez Christophe Chocolaterie Patisserie has launched their 10th Anniversary-inspired 2023 Holiday Collection. The chocolatier is featuring its signature handcrafted showpieces, gourmet advent calendars (vegan chocolate options available), gift boxes and stocking stuffers – including festive chocolate lollipops. While holiday themed, Chez Christophe also prides itself on environmentally friendly and green initiatives, so they collaborated with BC Bee to create a local chocolate infused honey for the 10th anniversary collection. These treats are known for being equal parts whimsical, sustainable and high-quality. Now available in-store and online for pre-ordering! **limited qualities of each item are available for this collection
Fairmont Hotel Vancouver Kringle’s Holiday Pop-Up Bar
- Where: 900 West Georgia Street, Vancouver
- When: Starting December 1st, 2023 through January 1st, 2024
- Details: Fairmont Hotel Vancouver is debuting “Kringle’s” this season, a festive pop-up holiday bar that will officially open December 1 through January 1st. “Kringle’s” is a speak-easy style cocktail bar that is nestled in the lower lobby of the iconic Fairmont Hotel. Open Tuesdays through Saturdays at 5:00pm, Kringle’s will offer a specialty menu of holiday-themed cocktails (such as the Starry Night Negroni, House-Made Eggnog and Margarita on the Snow) and light bites for guests with all different preferences. They are also offering an upscale variation of the holiday menu for New Year’s Eve. Reservations are now available online, as well as a reservations for private groups of eight guests.
Railtown Catering’s Festive Dinner Packages
- Where: Pick-up at 397 Railway Street, Vancouver
- When: Ordering now open, must be placed by December 20th
- Details: Railtown Catering is offering seasonal dinner packages available for ordering to ease the stress the holidays naturally bring. Each dinner package is carefully prepared by their team of trained chefs – centered around delicious sage-roasted local turkey paired with Chef Dan Olson’s dried apricot chestnut and brioche bread stuffing, maple-glazed sweet potatoes, Brussels sprouts with toasted almonds, buttered carrots and mashed Yukon Gold potatoes and pecan pie for dessert. Reserve your dinner and learn more about pick-up logistics here.
Published on Main Makes 2024 “La Liste”
- Where: 3593 Main Street, Vancouver
- Details: Published on Main in Vancouver has been named to “The World’s Best Restaurant Selection”, via La Liste – a globally-recognized restaurant guide and ranking system of the world’s top 1,000 restaurants. For the second year in a row it is also the highest ranked BC restaurant on the list! The restaurant guide was originally developed in Paris and is a huge honor. Make a reservation to try the cuisine for yourself here.
St. Lawrence’s Fan Favourite ‘Cabane à Sucre’ Celebration Returns
- Where: 269 Powell Street, Vancouver
- When: Tickets go on sale December 1st, 2023
- Details: The winter experience, “Cabane à Sucre”, is returning to Michelin-starred restaurant St. Lawrence. For 2024, the annual St. Lawrence celebration will feature Sugar Shack-inspired dishes in two consecutive formats — communal long table dinner and chef’s tasting menu. The long-style communal dinners will be available from January 17 to January 27th, 2024. Priced at $225 per person plus tax and gratuity, guests can expect rustic sharing plates, and alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverage pairings by Sommelier and fellow French-Canadian David Lawson, who will join Chef Poirier. The Chef’s Tasting Menu will be available from January 30th to March 2nd – with a strong focus on maple syrup inspirations.
Mon Paris Gourmet Chocolates and Cookies for Holiday Gifts
- Where: 4396 Beresford Street, Burnaby
- When: Now available for pre-ordering and pick-up
- Details: Mon Paris has a large selection of gourmet, handcrafted chocolate and shortbread cookies now available for holiday treats – perfect for gifting. The options vary from chocolate evergreen Christmas trees, milk chocolate painted ornaments, boxes of chocolate truffles, bon bons or holiday dried fruits and chocolate covered nuts. Learn more.
A Christmas Cocktail Story
- Where: 687 Main Street
- When: December 1st to December 23rd, 2023
- Reservations begin at 6:00pm Wednesdays and Saturdays
- Details: “A Christmas Cocktail Story” is coming back to Chinatown for another year with new cocktails, food and even more memorable and nostalgic decorations. Based off the classic film, A Christmas Cocktail Story will take place on Wednesdays to Saturdays in December from the 1st to 23rd. Each pop-up ticket includes a welcome holiday drink, shareable fondue and holiday treats by Rosie’s BBQ and the guest’s choice of classic craft cocktails with a seasonal twist by Scotty Marshall. Tickets are $40 per person and can be reserved here. For private groups, please reach out to [email protected].
Westin Bayshore Holiday Events
H2 Kitchen + Bar at The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver Christmas Specials
- Where: 1601 Bayshore Drive, Vancouver
- When: December 24th and December 25th, 2023
- Details: H2 Kitchen + Bar is offering special holiday lunch and dinner options for those who would like to take a break from cooking and enjoy a gourmet meal and quality time with their families. On Christmas Eve and Christmas Day enjoy a holiday dinner; including, smoked turkey breast with a 48-hour apple brine, cheddar croquettes, cornbread stuffing, pickled cranberries, whipped red-skin potatoes and market-fresh vegetables, all drizzled with sage turkey gravy. Christmas Day, H2 is offering a Santa lunch buffet with similar holiday offerings, kid-friendly sweets and even Chinatown inspired dishes. Make a reservation for the North Pole-esque environment, here.
H Tasting Lounge Holiday Lineup
- Where: 1601 Bayshore Drive, Vancouver
- When: Various events, starting now through December 31st, 2023
- Details: The H Tasting Lounge has a full holiday lineup this year; including: 12 Cocktails of Christmas Shopping (this is a cocktail experience located with different themes for each location), Afternoon Tea (every weekend until December 31st), Christmas Dinner at H Tasting Lounge or in the Winterlust Domes (Christmas Eve and Christmas Day), Festive Turkey Takeout & Carvery To-Go (Christmas Eve and Christmas Day) and The Giving Tree for Ronald McDonald House BC at The Westin Bayshore. Learn more about each event.
Don’t forget to check out last month’s Vancouver Foodie Friday for local restaurants to add to your “must try” list. And check back in January for a brand new 2024 Foodie Friday! Be sure to tag @miss604 during your adventures or send us insta-worthy recommendations and winter festivals!