my twin and I

Sunday, October 15th, 2006 — 9:14am PDT

I’m not a big fan of going out on the town. For starters, John and I don’t have a lot of money to toss around on partying it up very often and when we do have cash to spare, we usually just end up someplace having a couple beers and watching the game.

jenny's new shirt - no one cares about your blogI was told about 2 weeks ago that tonight was to be a girl’s night. I was slightly hesitant but figured, it’s about damn time I got oot’n’aboot. So my sister met me at our house, I made her a quick drink I kissed John goodbye and off we went.

I am not a dancer, but hey – since it was to be girl’s night I let Jenny take the reins and after a couple drinks I was feeling silly enough to bust a move or five. Thing was, it was still just my sister and I half way into the night – the others hadn’t arrived yet. At almost midnight they sent a text saying they were just about downtown and wanted to go somewhere quiet to talk and perhaps eat. Um okay, so I guess the girl’s night I came out for wasn’t gonna happen. My sister was pretty upset by this since she came all the way downtown for the ‘ocassion’. She and I decided to stay where we were and make the best of the night, just the two of us.

Now I have one question. Whenever someone meets the two of us they always think I’m the older one – why is that? I asked someone last night (who of course had been drinking and thought we were twins but still answered the ‘who do you think is older’ question…. yeah…) they said that I have a certain ‘proper’ air about me, I’m taller and I have um… more of an ‘endowment’. Interesting.

I think my sister just wears lower shoes and when we’re out on the town it’s her one night in a long time without her 3 kids so yeah, she’s gonna have some fun. Who out there (who didn’t know already) thought that my sister was younger than me?

Anyhoo, the night wrapped up when the others finally arrived. We left the fun place, feeling pretty darn good, and went some place quiet to chit chat. One of the girls gave this t-shirt to my sister. Pffft I know she cares ๐Ÿ˜‰

I got home and found John on the couch watching TV. I got us some newly purchased Girl Guide cookies from the freezer and we were in chocolate minty cookie heaven. I seriously needed the fun girl times with my sister, it worked out to be a pretty super night for the two of us.

• Enter here to win tickets to the Snowbird RV Show and Sale (until Sept 18)
  • Enter here to win passes to Science World to see the new Cats and Dogs exhibition (until Sept 18)
  • Enter here to win tickets to Le Concert Spirituel Baroque Orchestra Suites (until Sept 19)
  • Enter here to win tickets to the Coquitlam Express hockey games this weekend (until Sept 20)
  • Enter here to win an Oktoberfest at at the Alpen Club prize pack (until Sept 19)
  • View a complete list of contests »

1. Jenny says:

Thanks for shakin your bon bon with me.

2. Sandy says:

It’s such a relief to hear that other people aren’t really into “nights on the town”. I mean, I love to go and grab some beers at the pub, but I’m more for social drinks and chatting than partying it up and dancing. Though once in a while is okay. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I’m glad your night turned out well in the end despite the slight change of plans!

3. Zanstorm says:

What does your shirt say? “No one cares about your…. ” I can’t see the last word, because it is all scrunched up!!!
    I’m kidding.

4. Zanstorm says:

Your sister’s shirt I mean!

5. lesley says:

I’m with Sandy- it’s nice to hear I’m not the only person who’s not big into the club/dance scene. I love going out for a few drinks, but I want to be able to chat with the company I’m keeping, not strain to hear what they’re trying to say over the “thud thud” of pumping music.

Bowling at Commodore Lanes – that’s a way to spend a Saturday night out! Although John doesn’t like the freakish Canadian 5 pin bowling, I tell him at least it ain’t candlepin ๐Ÿ˜

7. rare says:

Aren’t you married? What’s with the Miss 604 handle? Isn’t that annoying/disrespectful to your husband?

That’s hilarious. That’s like saying anyone with a nickname or handle is disrespectful to their parents because they named them something else. And I hardly think I disrespect my husband. Anyone who reads the blog or knows me can’t possibly think so (he’s mentioned 3 times in this post alone, and once in the comments).

He met me just before I bought the domain. Should I be upset that he is Audihertz or Radiozoom because when I met him he introduced himself as “John” – hey… wait a minute! He’s a PHONY! Come on :p

9. rare says:

Dunno, Miss, it’s somewhat different from a child taking a handle during a video game, bulletin board of what have you. You are actively promoting yourself as a writer and commentator on the world around you. So far the biggest impression I get of you is that you’re a MISS, ie. not married, available, still looking, etc. I’m just wondering if that’s the image you want to portray?

Dictionary.com: Miss: a title prefixed to a mock surname used to represent a particular attribute of the person, esp. one excessively prominent: Miss Innocent; Miss Congeniality.

Anyone can surf onto my blog and spot (within the first 30 seconds) that I am about Vancouver, and sharing my life with my husband in Vancouver. Please feel free to actually read my blog, and my about page.

Thanks for the comment, “anonymous” I hope that I have answered your question…

11. Jenny says:

Why does anonymous care? Would you like her to be available and since she is not you are bitter? This is how you are promoting yourself to us, is that what you would have us believe? Well, either that or you are overly fixated on a simple name. Perhaps, read the blog and if you don’t understand we will be happy to help you out. ๐Ÿ˜€

12. Jenny says:

Oh and her name being ‘Miss’ is definetly the least John has to worry that’s annoying about her ๐Ÿ˜› she also likes to run around the house clapping her hands too !

haha I’m full of joy! (and girl guide cookies) :p

14. LoLo D. says:

I like how people can say mean and untrue things on your blog without having the courage to at least back it up with their name instead of being “anonymous”. If you care enough about it to say it, you should own it.

I’ve known MISS604 for sometime now and she is anything but disrespectful of her husband. But for those that are ignorant. The title of “Miss” is used as an ambiguous prefix for a woman’s name when she doesn’t want to identified as married or unmarried. If she was promoting herself as Ms. 604, then she would be promoting herself as unmarried. “Miss” for women is the same as “Mr.” for men. Why should be women have to disclose whether they are married or not before you learn their name if a man doesn’t have to?!

OH NO! My name’s not really LoLo D. Does that mean I should apologize to my parents for disrespecting the name they gave me? ๐Ÿ˜

15. LoLo D. says:

Yeah, I agree with Jenny. There are more important things that John has to worry about where his wife is concerned…. like her uncommon fascination with…. oh wait, I can’t post that! ๐Ÿ˜›

RadioZoom Episode #115 – Miss 604 Takes Over the Six Song