There’s a solid lineup of indoor and outdoor family friendly Halloween activities in Metro Vancouver this year, with old favourites returning alongside new activities and adventures for all ages. Here are Miss604’s top picks:
Family Friendly Halloween Around Vancouver
Haunted Village at Burnaby Village Museum
- When: October 19-22 and 26-29 at 5:00pm until 9:00pm
- Where: Burnaby Village Museum (6501 Deer Lake Ave, Burnaby)
- Admission: Purchase tickets online. Adult General Admission $10, Children 2-12 $5
- When: Friday, October 27th from 6:30pm to 8:30pm
- Where: Patterson Ave (Kingsway to Central Blvd) & Central Park (Kingsway & Patterson Ave)
- Admission: There is free fun for everyone including a spooky outdoor maze, roving entertainment, carnival games, art activities, a photobooth, food trucks and a fireworks finale all taking place in Central Park. Don’t miss the fireworks finale at 8:15pm!
Trick or Treating at Metropolis at Metrotown
- When: Tuesday, October 31st from 2:00pm to 6:00pm
- Where: Participating retailers + Grand Court activities (Metropolis at Metrotown)
- Admission: Free!
- When: Saturday, October 28th from 10:00am to 12:00pm
- Where: Cameron Recreation Complex (9523 Cameron St)
- Admission: Free! Recommended for families with children 8 and under. Dress up and enjoy children’s crafts, a gymnastic circuit, Monster Mash dance, face painting and more.
Ghouls & Goblins Toonie Skate
- When: Saturday, October 28th from 12:15pm to 2:00pm
- Where: Bill Copeland Sports Centre (3676 Kensington Avenue)
- Admission: $2 per person, free for children 3 and under. Skates and helmet included in admission. Costumes are encouraged!
Pumpkins After Dark
- When: October 6 – 31, open Thursdays through Sundays after sunset
- Where: Swangard Stadium 6100 Boundary Rd, Burnaby
- Admission: Purchase tickets online in advance.
Family Friendly Halloween Around Vancouver
Gulf of Georgia Cannery Haunted Sea
- When: October 2 to November 5 from 10:00am to 5:00pm
- Where: Gulf of Georgia Cannery (12138 Fourth Ave, Richmond)
- Admission: For all ages, regular admission fees apply
- When: Tuesday, October 31st from 6:00pm to 7:30pm
- Where: South Arm Community Centre 8880 Williams Road
- Admission: Free! A variety of tricks and treats through Halloween crafts, games, and more.
City of Richmond Fireworks Festival
- When: October 31 from 6:30pm to 8:45pm
- Where: Minoru Park (7191 Granville Ave, Richmond)
- Admission: Free!
- When: Saturday, October 28th from 12:00pm to 3:30pm
- Where: Coquitlam Heritage at Mackin House (1116 Brunette Avenue, Coquitlam)
- Admission: Free! Visit the hunted train station, listen to the Carnival Band, make crafts, get your face painted , and have some treats.
Haunted House at Barclay Manor
- When: Friday, October 27th from 7:00pm – 9:00pm and October 28 from 4:30pm to 6:30pm
- Where: Barclay Manor (1447 Barclay St, Vancouver)
- Admission: $4 a person at the door. $12 for a family of 4. Recommended for 8 years and up
Trick or Treat on Denman Street
- When: October 31st from 4:30pm to 6:00pm
- Where: Along Denman Street from Robson to Davie
- View a list of participating businesses
Fin-Tastic Fall Days at the Aquarium
- When: October 1 to 31, 2023
- Where: Vancouver Aquarium (845 Avison Way, Vancouver)
- Admission: Tickets are available for purchase online. Advanced booking is recommended.
Trick-or-Treat in Yaletown
- When: Tuesday, October 31st, 2023 from 3:30pm to 5:30pm
- Where: Select businesses between Drake and Nelson from Homer to Pacific Boulevard
- Admission: Free! Bring the kids out this Halloween and dress up in your scariest costume. Candy will be handed out by participating businesses.
Halloweenie at the Granville Island Kids Market
- When: Sunday, October 29th from 11:00am to 2:00pm
- Where: Granville Island Kids Market (1496 Cartwright St, Vancouver)
- Admission: Free! Trick or Treat throughout Kids Market, remember to bring your own reusable loot bag to collect your treats!
Parade of Lost Souls: Little Souls
- When: Saturday, October 28th from 6:30pm to 7:30pm
- Where: Starts at Britannia Library (1661 Napier Street)
- Admission: Free! Meet at the Britannia Library to join in the family-friendly procession.
Harvest Days at VanDusen Botanical Gardens
- When: Saturdays and Sundays throughout October from 9:00am to 4:00pm
- Where: VanDusen Botanical Garden 5251 Oak St
- Admission: Purchase tickets online in advance for a desginated entry time.
Halloweekend on the River
- When: Saturday October 28th from 10:00am to 4:00pm
- Where: Fraser River Discovery Centre (788 Quayside Dr, New Westminster)
- Admission: $3 per child, $6 per adult, $15 package for 2 adults and up to 4 children. Tickets include admission to the Discovery Centre. Free admission for members.
Related: Indoor Trick-or-Treating Around Vancouver
Canyon Frights at Capilano Suspension Bridge Park
- When: October 13 to 31 from 10:00am to 8:00pm
- Where: Capilano Suspension Bridge Park (3735 Capilano Rd, North Vancouver)
- Admission: Tickets for purchase online. Annual Passholders must secure a reservation online for each visit. Canyon Frights is included in price of admission.
Groovy Boo-gie Bash at Capilano Mall
- When: Tuesday, October 31st from 3:30pm to 4:30pm
- Where: Grand Court of Capilano Mall (935 Marine Dr, North Vancouver)
- Admission: Free! Bring your crew for afternoon trick-or-treating and enjoy all-out monster mayhem on the dance floor.
Willobrook Shopping Centre Trick-or-Treat
- When: Tuesday, October 31st from 4:00pm to 6:00pm
- Where: Willowbrook (19705 Fraser Hwy, Langley)
- Admission: Free! Start by visiting Concierge, the first 1,000 children in costume will receive a complimentary loot bag to take along as they visit store fronts collecting treats. Participating retailers will be identifiable by Halloween themed balloons at the store’s entrance.
Secrets of the Haunted Bog
- When: October 20-31 from 12:00pm to mall close
- Where: Guildford Town Centre (10355 152 St, Surrey) Centre Court, Lower Level (near LUSH)
- Admission: Free! Walk through a world of spooky creatures and haunted surprises. Participants are invited to donate non-perishable food items in support of the Surrey Food Bank; donations will be matched with $2 per item. Enter for a chance to win a $1000 Guildford Town Centre gift card upon exiting the Haunted Bog.
- Recommend for 5 years and older
- When: Saturday, October 28th at 11:00am
- Where: 7380 King George Boulevard, Surrey
- Admission: Free! Come in costume for trick-or-treating, mini golf, face painting, food trucks, and a haunted train. Don’t forget to grab your by-donation pumpkin on your way out (all proceeds go to the Surrey Food Bank).
Pumpkin Patch with the Forest Fairy
- When: October 30th & 31st (multiple event times)
- Where: Surrey Nature Centre 14225 Green Timbers Way
- Admission: $8.50 per child. Ticket price includes one pumpkin. Costumes encouraged!
- Recommended ages 1 to 5 (parent participation required)
Sea to Sky
Britannia Mine Museum Spooktacular Halloween
- When: October 14 and 15, 21 and 22, 28 and 29 from 10:00am to 3:00pm
- Where: Britannia Mine Museum (150 Copper Dr, Britannia Beach)
- Admission: Tickets can be purchased online.
Halloween Trick-or-Trick at the Sea to Sky Gondola
- When: Saturday, October 21st from 12:00pm to 3:00pm
- Where: Sea to Sky Gondola (36800 BC-99, Squamish)
- Admission: Free with purchase of lift ticket or pass
Find more family fun listed on Miss604 »