8 Places for Brunch Downtown Vancouverby
Vancouver’s culinary scene is never short of plentiful options, and that naturally includes an insta-worthy weekend brunch. Here is my curated list of the top 8 restaurants to add to your lineup:
8 Places for Brunch Downtown Vancouver
- Palete Kitchen
- What: Palete Kitchen is best known for being a hot spot all day long. They are open nearly all day for brunch, in addition to their to-go coffee shop. Reservations can be easily booked on their website.
- Where: 848 W Hastings St, Vancouver, BC V6C 1C8.
- When: Weekdays, 9:00 am – 3:00 pm. Weekends and Holidays, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm.
- OEB Breakfast Co.
- What: OEB is a community favorite spot, with over 1,500 Google reviews. They offer an extensive menu, complete with many gluten-free and vegetarian/vegan options (and ten different breakfast poutine options).
- Where: They have four Vancouver area locations you can view on their website.
- When: Most locations are open 7:00 am – 3:00 pm daily.
- What: They are most known for their vegan buttermilk pancakes. The dish comes with sweet date butter, walnuts and a bourbon apple compote. Heirloom also has an infamous juice bar.
- Where: 2861 Granville St, Vancouver, BC V6H 3J4.
- When: Weekdays, 7:00 am – 7:00 pm. Weekends, 8:00 am – 7:00 pm.
- Jam Cafe
- What: Jam Cafe immediately caught my eye with a stack of Nutella pancakes. They are also well known for their cinnamon bun pancakes with cream cheese icing. Perfect for a sweet tooth.
- Where: 556 Beatty St, Vancouver, BC V6B 2L3 or 2153 West 4th Avenue, Vancouver, BC V6K 1N7.
- When: Open 7 days a week from 8:00 am until 3:00 pm daily, including most Holidays.
- Fufu Pancake Cafe
- What: Fufu’s Pancake Cafe offers authentic Japanese style soufflé pancakes. Their Earl Grey Creme Brûlée Soufflé is the current feature.
- Where: 1266 W Broadway, Vancouver, BC V6H 1G6.
- When: Sunday – Thursday (closed Mondays) 11:00 am – 6:00 pm. Weekends, 11:00 am – 9:00 pm.
- Honey Salt
- What: Honey Salt is a light and airy spot, perfect for an afternoon with friends. This is a location that has options for everyone – everything from smoothies to the classic chicken and waffles.
- Where: 39 Smithe St, Vancouver, BC V6B 5E7.
- When: Weekday breakfasts, 7:00 am – 11:00 am. Weekend brunch, 10:30 am – 3:00 pm.
- What: Forage has a farm-to-table style, complete with heartier options and a delicious cocktail menu (and NA options).
- Where: 300 Robson St, Vancouver, BC V6E 1C.
- When: Weekday breakfasts, 7:00 am – 11:00 am. Weekend brunch, 7:00 am – 2:00 pm.
- Twisted Fork
- What: Twisted Fork Bistro is another community favorite, located in Gastown. Their Eggs Benny is an always great choice.
- Where: 213 Carrall Street, Vancouver, BC V6B 2J2.
- When: Brunch is everyday from 9:00 am – 3:00 pm.
For more things to do around Vancouver, check out Miss604’s weekend event list. And, as always, leave a comment if you have any must try brunch recommendations.