Give yourself (and loved ones) the gift of meaningful and fun experiences together this holiday season! I skipped last year but I’m happy to present my 6th annual list of Free Christmas Activities in Vancouver* with lights, activities, events, and more:
Free Christmas Activities in Vancouver
This list will be updated often throughout the season so be sure to bookmark it and check back regularly.
- St Paul’s Lights of Hope at Burrard & Helmcken Street in Downtown Vancouver
- The Downtown Vancouver Christmas Tree & Menorah at šxʷƛ̓ənəq Xwtl’e7énḵ Square (formerly known as the Vancouver Art Gallery North Plaza)
- Skating at Robson Square Ice Rink free when you bring your own skates, fee for rental
- Skating at the Shipyards in North Van free when you bring your own skates, fee for rental
- 28th Annual Winter Solstice Lantern Festival on Tuesday, December 21st
- Christmas at Canada Place 34th annual Christmas at Canada Place from December 3, 2021 to January 2, 2022 with outdoor lights and displays along the waterfront
- Fleurs de Ville Noel in Downtown Vancouver December 10-19
- Community Carolling at Kits Point December 6th
- Gift of Warmth community BBQ at 960 Evans Ave on December 11th
- Kitsmas on West 4th featuring entertainment, gift wrapping, wreath making & more December 11-12
- The Vancouver Sun’s Drive-By Christmas Lights Map
More Free Activities
- Heritage Christmas at Burnaby Village Museum until January 3, 2022
- Bright Walk in White Rock until February 15, 2022
- Shine Bright New West activities and entertainment until February, 1 2022
- Lights at Lafarge Lake in Coquitlam until January 31, 2022
- Cloverdale Christmas Trees at the Museum of Surrey until December 19, 2021
- Steveston’s Winter in the Village until December 31, 2021
If you have any other free Christmas activities around Vancouver to add, send them in via my contact form and I’ll include them (free or not) on the December event list. Thank you!
Subscribe to the Weekly Events Newsletter
If you wish to receive this weekly/weekend event list right to your email inbox, please sign up for the new Miss604 Weekly Events Newsletter below. It will be sent once a week, only to those who opt-in.
* Please note that there may be costs associated with extra activities at these events and attractions, such as food/snacks, admission to other attractions or sites, etc. This post covers information available at the time of publishing and any posted signage or fees at these activities should be observed.