Stay in the heart of Whistler Village without breaking the bank! Canada’s first ever “pod” hotel, Pangea Pod Hotel, is a boutique property that combines the best elements of a hostel and a hotel. The “chic shared” concept is changing the face of the travel industry in North America, and is setting a trend towards alternative accommodation worldwide. In fact it ranks #1 on TripAdvisor from 62 specialty lodging options in Whistler!
Pangea Pod Hotel
It’s just a few steps from restaurants, bars and the gondolas ascending Whistler Blackcomb, and Pangea has three communal areas for guests: The Living Room, a café and full-service bar; the all-weather The Rooftop Patio, with its own bar, standing counter, and sensational views; and The Toy Box, Pangea’s custom gear storage area for skis, snowboards and bikes (and space to dry off your wet outerwear).
While the peak winter ski season might be coming to a close (December was the snowiest on record in the history of Whistler Blackcomb), spring will be an even better time to hit the mountain – and to (re-)acquaint yourself with Pangea. In addition to the excitement of the World Ski & Snowboard Festival (April 10-14), the weeks spanning March to May are when mountain enthusiasts can enjoy Whistler’s superlative slopes without the peak-season crowds, meaning warmer weather, plenty of virgin snow, and stress-free parking.
As a thank you for the warm response from guests and reviewers, Pangea is offering a range of seasonally exclusive promotions, making this groundbreaking property an even more enticing place to frequent come spring.
- Weekdays are Cheap Days: Receive a 15% discount when you stay 2-3 consecutive midweek days, and a 20% discount when you stay 4-5.
- …And it Gets Better (a.k.a. Cheaper): Book your midweek stay between March 31 and May 30 and receive an additional 5% off (that’s on top of the 15-20% discount detailed above).
- Pizzas and Drinks on The House: Get three friends to book pods for the same dates as you and you’ll get a complimentary artisan flatbread pizza and a beer (or cocktail) every day of your stay. Just show reception their confirmations when you check in.
And if you’re staying the weekend, be sure to kick off each day in style with the ever-popular Hair of the Dog Brunch, offered every Saturday and Sunday (9:00am to 1:00pm) in The Living Room. For just $25, enjoy your choice of a Mimosa or a Sriracha Caesar, followed by one of three gourmet Eggs Benedicts (salmon, bacon or spinach) plus a barista-made espresso drink. Not a guest? Not a problem. The Living Room is open to the public too.
Win a Stay
I’m giving away a two night stay at Pangea Pod Hotel! The winner will receive one pod (single or double occupancy) for any Tuesday and Wednesday night in April or May. They will also get breakfast in The Living Room (for two) both mornings.
Here’s how you can enter to win:
- Leave a comment on this post (1 entry)
- Comment on, like or share this post on Facebook (1 entry)
- Like Miss604 and Pangea Pod on Facebook (1 entry)
I will draw one winner at random from all entries at 12:00pm on Thursday, March 21, 2019. Follow Pangea Pod Hotel on Facebook and Instagram for more info.
UPDATE: The winner is Kim McGill!