Cheer on Team Canada at the FEI Nations Cup at Thunderbird Show Park in Langley on June 3rd. Bring the family out for a fun, free afternoon or make it a date night in the country at the first-ever locally-hosted international horse jumping competition.
Horse Jumping Competition and Family Fun
at Thunderbird Show Park in Langley
Where: Thunderbird Show Park at 24550 72nd Ave, Langley
When: June 3, 2016 from 4:00pm to 6:30pm
Horse jumping is the only olympic sport where men and women compete equally as athletes. The Nations Cup is the only team event in equestrian competition. Up to 300 top level horses and rider will compete in teams of four to race for top spot to represent their country at the world finals. Team Canada will feature local athlete and Canadian Olympian Tiffany Foster and Olympic gold medalist Eric Lamaze. Foster, originally from North Vancouver, was Canada’s youngest equestrian competitor at the 2012 Olympic Games.
Canadian Olympians and other top athletes from Canada, the United States, Mexico, Ireland and Belgium will come together to compete for their country’s chance to compete at the international equestrian championship later this year. Admission to this event is free and the public is invited the experience this one-time window into the world of a fascinating Olympic sport.
The event on June 3rd caps off 14 days of training and competition for the athletes. It is the highlight event to showcase their grace and skill.
FEI Nations Cup Highlights
- Locals have the chance to watch Olympic athletes in action
- An exciting and rare opportunity to see horses jump 1.5 to 1.6 metres high
- Find out if a horse could jump the height and width of a car!
- Meet the horses and riders after the competition
- Stadium seating available for easy viewing of the entire course
- Enjoy live music by local band
- Pony rides and face painting beginning at 3:30pm
- Beer garden for the adults
- A variety of food trucks
- Summer evening in the country
- Enjoy dinner from the concession or food trucks on site or bring a picnic dinner
- Limited availability VIP tickets include sit down dinner, course tour, and meet and greet with riders
Plan your day out in Langley on June 3rd for this high level international competition filled with free family fun. Follow Thunderbird Show Park on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for more information.