Up in the crisp North Shore mountain air, with the aroma of evergreens and a rushing river below, the Capilano Suspension Bridge Park is lit up with thousands upon thousands of twinkling lights for the 10th year of Canyon Lights. Featuring the world’s tallest living Christmas tree — a 250 year old Douglas-fir at 153 feet tall and still growing! — Canyon Lights at Capilano Suspension Bridge offers a festive experience for families from near and far.
- Where: Capilano Suspension Bridge Park
(3735 Capilano Road, North Vancouver)
- When: On now until January 3, 2016 (closed Christmas Day)
11:00am to 9:00pm
- Admission: Purchase online in advance or at the park. Individual tickets available or in Family Packs of 3 and 4. Canyon Lights tickets are valid all day with holiday activities beginning at 4:00pm. Capilano operates a free shuttle to and from Canada Place.
The entire Capilano Suspension Bridge Park, including the Cliffwalk and the Treetops Adventure, will sparkle amongst the trees. Warm up in the comfort of the new Winter Pavilion with a cup of hot chocolate and a gingerbread cookie, do a scavenger hunt around the historic park, and sing along with carollers.
Partial proceeds from Canyon Lights ticket sales will be donated to the BC Professional Fire Fighters’ Burn Fund for fire and burn education in BC schools. To date, Canyon Lights has raised over $192,000 for this worthy program. In addition, Capilano Suspension Bridge Park will continue hosting 12 community nights for local charities.
Canyon Lights Giveaway
Canyon Lights is now in its 10th year and for the 7th year, I have an awesome prize package up for grabs (valued at $200) that includes:
- Family pack of passes to Canyon Lights (2 adults and 2 kids 16 and under)
- Four fudge vouchers valid for a piece of fudge at the Trading Post Gift Shop
- Four small hot chocolates
- Holiday tree decoration from the Trading Post Gift Store
- … and some extra goodies for the family!
Here’s how you can enter to win:
- Leave a comment on this post (1 entry)
- Post the following on Twitter (1 entry)
I will draw one winner at 9:00am on Tuesday, December 8, 2015. Capilano Suspension Bridge Park is located at 3735 Capilano Road, North Vancouver. Follow on Twitter and Facebook for more information about Canyon Lights and year-round activities.
Update The winner is @PawsandTailsPix