It’s Power Smart Month in BC, raising awareness about energy consumption, offering tips and tools for saving at energy home and a handful of deals and money-saving opportunities. One feature of Power Smart Month each year is the BC Hydro Candlelight Conservation Dinner. Close to 40 local restaurants are now accepting reservations for Thursday, October 24th where you can dine by candlelight.
Each participating restaurant will be extending an exclusive discount or special offer on the night, anything from a free appetizer, to 2-for-1 entrées, featured menu items and other awesome deals. Offers valid October 24, 2013 at participating restaurants only. Mention the Candlelight Conservation Dinner at time of reservation or ordering; please contact individual restaurants for any restrictions and/or additional promotions. Not in the Lower Mainland? The Candlelight Conservation Dinner will also take place at a number of restaurants across BC in Dawson Creek, Quesnel, Fort St. John, Powell River, Victoria, and Prince George.
To celebrate and promote the Candlelight Conservation Dinner I have a collection of gift cards up for grabs thanks to some of the participating restaurants. You can enter to win a $100 gift card for Biercraft, Herons at the Fairmont Waterfront, The Pear Tree in Burnaby, or The Observatory on Grouse Mountain.
- Biercraft: “Since opening on “The Drive” some six years ago, BierCraft Tap and Tapas has been wooing Vancouverites with the City’s premiere selection of Belgian and Craft Beers, a mouth-watering menu, great service and exceptional value.”
- Herons at Fairmont Waterfront: “Executive Chef Dana Hauser’s seasonal menus are inspired by the bounty of the Pacific Ocean, and Vancouver’s best Seafood, hand-picked herbs from our terrace garden, honey from our rooftop apiary and the freshest local, sustainable ingredients we can find.”
- The Pear Tree: “The Pear Tree Restaurant is a destination outside the mold, bringing together world-class cuisine & downtown elegance with approachability and a sense of community. Owned and operated by Scott and Stephanie Jaeger, The Pear Tree Restaurant is the destination whether it be a special occasion, catching up with friends, or a relaxed weekday dinner.”
- The Observatory: “The Observatory’s contemporary BC menu harnesses the remarkable confluence of local flavours and worldly techniques that give the province its unique character. Chef Dino L. Gazzola is dedicated to sourcing the finest and freshest regional ingredients available, creating memorable dining experiences for the discerning palate.”
Here’s how you can enter to win:
- Leave a comment on this post naming which of the four restaurants above you would like to visit (1 entry)
- Post the following on Twitter (1 entry)
Four winners (who will each receive one gift card) will be drawn at 12:00pm on Saturday, October 19, 2013. I will draw contest winners’ names before the date of the Candlelight Conservation Dinner so they can use the gift cards then, or save them for use at a later date. Be sure to call and book a reservation for this cozy, autumn date night at one of the participating restaurants on October 24th to take part.
Update The winners are Rachel (Pear Tree), Darcie (Biercraft), Jonathan Parminter (Herons), @DaleVancouver (Observatory)!