The third Timeraiser Vancouver will be taking place toward the end of this month as people from around the city will get together to pledge their time to support local causes. To promote this event, presenting sponsor WestJet has offered up 2 tickets to anywhere they fly (valued at over $4,000) and these are being handed out exclusively by Miss604.com.
Timeraiser is like a volunteer career fair mixed with a silent art auction; here’s how it works:
1. Purchase a ticket for your local Timeraiser event.
2. Arrive at your local Timeraiser event and determine which non-profit organizations you are interested in connecting with. You can visit the tables of organizations you are familiar with or find one based on their cause (environment, sports and recreation, development & housing, arts & culture, education etc.)
3. Once you have made your way around the room and have had the chance to chat, you can fill out your pledge card listing the organizations that you would like to work with.
4. You are then able to bid volunteer hours (in 5-hour increments) on local artwork. Bid the amount of time you can donate within the next 12 months.
5. If you win the bid on the artwork, you get to bring that home as a reminder of your volunteer pledge. You may bid on more than one piece but you’ll only receive one winning piece (and have one winning volunteer pledge).
The goal is to raise 5,000 community hours at the next event with a suggested pledge of 20 hours a person. Timeraiser also takes place in Edmonton, Calgary, Ottawa and Toronto, with WestJet as a national sponsor of the event.
To help promote the upcoming event in Vancouver on Thursday September 23rd, Timeraiser and WestJet have exclusively partnered with me for an amazing giveaway.
WestJet is providing 2 roundtrip tickets to anywhere they fly (valid for use by September 2011).
Valid for any WestJet destination in Canada to any WestJet destination in Canada, US or International destinations on regularly scheduled WestJet service. The approximate retail value of the Prize $4,604, depending on destination chosen and time of booking from originating city.
How to Enter:
Leave a comment on this post about something that inspires you. This can include your favourite non-profit organization, your best volunteer experience, what it means to be involved in the community, why giving your time is important etc.
Rules and Regulations:
All entries for the contest must be received through the the comments on this post. On September 22nd, I will assist the Timeraiser crew in selecting ten favourite entries from which a winner will be randomly drawn.
The winner will be announced here, on Twitter, on the Timeraiser Facebook and Twitter accounts, and at the Timeraiser Vancouver event. You can view full contest rules and regulations here.
This is the only place where you can enter the contest for Vancouver and I’m very excited about this partnership. Not only do organizations get promotion and volunteers, Timeraiser provides a fun, easy-going environment for participants who have probably wanted to help for years but just haven’t made the right connections.
Good luck everyone and I’m looking forward to reading your entries.
Update After narrowing down the entries (with the help of Timeraiser) then doing a random draw from semi-finalists our winner was selected. It was a very tough choice as there were so many inspiring entries but it was determined that the trip for two is going to Erin Graham! Congratulations!
Please be aware that Timeraiser is ALSO giving away a trip for two at the event tonight. Get your ticket and enter on-site for your chance to win.