Video Blogging with My New Flip Camera

Wednesday, July 16th, 2008 — 11:24am PST

As noted in my liveblog last night, a Flip video camera was bestowed upon me. This morning I did the ceremonial unboxing and tried out the video-only gadget.

My first impressions are that it’s very simple and single-purpose, which frankly serves my needs perfectly. I have my iPhone which contains everything I need when I’m away from home. It has a decent camera so I see no downside of having one more item in my purse for those quick video captures.

I’m hoping to take a few video clips at WordCamp Fraser Valley tonight (if they let us in the casino will all our recording gear and cameras) so we’ll see how this all pans out.

1. Jeremy says:

Doin’ great so far! See you tonight.

2. Keira-Anne says:

Oh hi, glasses. You’re cute.

3. itechgirl says:

I got a flip back in May, and I thought I would use it more. It’s a great little gadget, and I’m sure I would probably use it more if I carried it around with me, but I already have enough stuff in my big bag. It is a great little device though.

4. Glad you are enjoying your camera. ๐Ÿ™‚

5. Liz Henry says:

I love my Flip camera and have shown it off all over the world… and I use it all the time. Seriously! I love that it doesn’t have any fancy options. I don’t care about high resolution and don’t want a million buttons or menus.

My one complaint is that the software that comes with it is slow, buggy, and not very usable. So I ignore the software, and drag the files from the camera (which shows up on my Mac automatically like any USB hard drive) to my computer.

From there, upload to Google Video works well.

@Liz Cool – and yes, I ignore the software as well and just drag the files off.

7. Phaedra says:

you are super cute!

8. fotoeins says:

Nice little gadget!

I propose a multi-fibre phased feed, monitoring every possible space at every moment in time. Spontaneity has never been more fun.

9. mel says:

I so want one… I can’t believe how good the quality is!

WordCamp Fraser Valley Liveblog