Single In Vancouver

Monday, January 29th, 2007 — 2:21pm PST

meetmarketball.jpgBoy have I got a site for you, unfortunately for me. I used to check out this one ‘Vancouver Events’ web page cause it had some really interesting upcoming activities that I couldn’t find listed anywhere else. From fund raising dinners to concerts, it was a really great source. Though it seems as of late, it’s been inundated and completely absorbed by meet ‘n mingle postings for area singles.

Here are a couple of current events for singles in Vancouver listed on what used to be my most informative event listing site:

• Vancouver singles into to rock climbing – Jan. 29 @ 9:00pm
  • Vancouver singles starlight snowshoeing – Jan 31 @ 6:00pm
  • Vancouver singles rack’em up pool night – Feb. 8 @ 7:00pm
  • Vancouver singles comedy night – Feb. 14 @ 7:00pm
  • Vancouver singles intro to chocolate making – Feb 19 @ 6:00pm
  • Vancouver singles intro to bartending – Feb 26 @6:45pm

Singles have all the fun! Well, I’m since not single, I really would like to have my event site back.

It seems like most of these postings are done by a company called Meet Market Adventures. Aside from having a name that makes me cringe, I know nothing about this organization and how reputable it may be. In any case, I need a new source for event info aside from like HOB.ca for concerts or upcoming.org. And Bradley, if you want more info on the events listed above, just visit www.meetmarketadventures.com, eh.

• Enter here to win tickets to A Charlie Brown Holiday Double Bill (until Nov 19)
  • Enter here to win a Date Night to Akram Khan’s Chotto Desh plus $50 for dinner at Silk Vancouver (until Nov 18)
  • Enter here to win tickets to see Ed the Sock's War on Stupid tour (until Nov 22)
  • Enter here to win a $100 gift card for Potters Christmas Store (until Nov 23)
  • View a complete list of contests »

1. Bradley says:

*sigh* another reminder of how alone i am THANKS ALOT

2. Jenny says:

You’ve already signed up for ‘singles starlight snowshoeing ‘ haven’t you !

3. GZ Expat says:

Stalkers paradise.

this is the same event site that had “nude family swim night” posted 😐 i swear that’s not what made it my fave event site though….

5. Bradley says:

nude family night?

ewwwwwww

Grandma is sitting in the shallow end and her boobs in the deep end if you knowwhatimean

6. Bradley says:

p.s. “meet market” is almost genius name for it haha

7. mel says:

yeah.. I’ve noticed a big assurgency of single things lately… meetups, urban mixers, lunches, etc. It all *sounds* like fun to all your ladies hooked up but, trust me, same shit, just different locations 🙂

Link Love for Vancouver Girl Bloggers