It’s time for Miss604’s annual Aunt Leah’s Christmas Tree Lots wreath giveaway! Tree lots are now open in Burnaby, and Coquitlam until December 17th with a selection of fresh-cut trees, potted trees, and wreaths.
Aunt Leah’s Christmas Tree Lots
All profits go towards preventing children in foster care from becoming homeless, and mothers in need from losing custody of their children.
Tree Lot Locations & Hours
- Vancouver: St. Stephen’s United Church 7025 Granville St, Vancouver
- Hours: Monday through Sunday from 10:00am to 8:00pm
- Burnaby: All Saints Anglican Church 7405 Royal Oak Avenue, Burnaby
- Hours: Monday through Thursday from 1:00pm to 8:00pm; Friday and Sunday from 10:00am to 8:00pm; Saturdays until 5:00pm
- Coquitlam: Eagle Ridge United Church 2813 Glen Dr, Coquitlam
- Hours: Monday through Thursday from 1:00pm to 8:00pm and Friday through Sunday from 10:00am to 8:00pm
Youth make up the fastest-growing population of homeless people in Canada. As they try to transition into adulthood, their needs are more diverse and ever-changing, requiring deeper, more customized support. The Aunt Leah’s tree sales are a major source of revenue for the housing and programs Aunt Leah’s provides for vulnerable foster youth and young moms and babies.
I’m giving away a beautifully handcrafted holiday wreath from Aunt Leah’s, here’s how you can enter to win:Win a Wreath from Aunt Leah’s Christmas Tree Lots
Aunt Leah’s started selling Christmas trees in the 1990s when government funding was cut. The Christmas tree sales have increased every year and the Tree Lots have become Aunt Leah’s most successful fundraiser raising over $800,000 with 100% of the profits from tree sales going to support its programs. For many Metro Vancouver families buying an Aunt Leah’s tree is a cherished part of their holiday tradition.
Follow Miss604Holidays this season for the latest arts and culture activities, attraction and event news »