TransLink is making sure everyone can have a safe ride home on New Year’s Eve by offering customers free transit from 5:00pm on December 31st until 5:00am on January 1st.
Free Transit on New Year’s Eve for Metro Vancouver
During these hours, fare gates at SkyTrain and SeaBus stations will remain open and customers will not be required to tap Compass Cards or use other payment methods. Customers who begin trips before 5:00pm are advised to tap out as normal to ensure they’re charged the correct fare.
Additional SkyTrain staff, Transit Police, and Transit Security officers will be on the system to direct and assist customers.
New Year’s Eve service details:
- Buses will operate on a Sunday schedule, with over 30 additional buses throughout the system and extra service on select routes.
- SkyTrain service will operate on an extended Sunday schedule.
- Last train from Waterfront to King George at 2:16am
- Last train from Waterfront to Lougheed at 2:11am
- Last train from Waterfront to Production Way–University at 1:40am
- Last train from Waterfront to YVR–Airport Station at 2:05am
- Last train from Waterfront to Richmond–Brighouse at 2:15am
- SeaBus will be running on an extended Sunday schedule, with service every 15 minutes until 1:22am and every 30 minutes until the last sailing from Waterfront Station at 2:22am
- NightBus will continue operating after SkyTrain and SeaBus service ends.
- NightBus runs throughout the night on key routes in Vancouver, Richmond, North Vancouver, Burnaby, Coquitlam, Port Moody, New Westminster, and Surrey.
- West Coast Express will not be operating.
Plan your journey with Trip Planner, or sign up for Transit Alerts. Find more info online here.
Follow Miss604Holidays this season for the latest arts and culture activities, attraction and event news »