Bard in the Valley, Outdoor Shakespeare in Scenic Fraser Valley Locationsby
What do Township 7 Winery, the EcoDairy in Abbotsford, and Douglas Park in Langley have in common? They’re all locations for this summer’s Bard in the Valley – an outdoor, theatrical production! The Complete Works Of William Shakespeare Abridged by Adam Long, Daniel Singer, and Jess Winfield will take to the stage in all three locations for eight shows this summer.
Bard in the Valley 2021
- Douglas Park (20550 Douglas Crescent, Langley City)
- When: June 30 to July 3 at 7:00pm, July 4 at 2:00pm
- Tickets: VIP under the tent & reserved seat for $25, regular tickets by donation (pre-register)
- Tip: Bring a picnic snack and blanket
- Township 7 Winery (21152 16 Ave, Langley Twp) July 8-19, 2021
- When: July 8-10 & July 15-17 at 7:00pm; July 11 & 18 at 2:00pm
- Tickets: $35
- EcoDairy (1356 Sumas Way, Abbotsford) July 23 & 24, 2021
- When: July 23 & 24 at 7:00pm
- Tickets: $35
- Tip: Buckets will be available to pick blueberries in the fields. Nature’s Pickin’s will have a selection of snacks available.
For all locations, the venues open one hour in advance to arrive then to secure a great spot (unless you’ve booked VIP tickets already at Douglas Park). Seating/tickets are very limited.
The vision of Bard in the Valley is dedicated to the concept of offering quality productions that are both affordable and accessible to a wide audience, and to nurturing and promoting an enthusiasm for the works of Shakespeare. Since the group’s inception in 2009, BIV has presented a Shakespearean production every summer. More than 23,000 people have come to see performances. In addition, every year, Bard in the Valley offers youth theatre workshops for children between the ages of 11 and 15.
Tickets are available online now. Performances are rain or shine.
Related: Savour Summer With a Langley Staycation