I’ve been watching the emails trickle in day-by-day, slowly becoming a waterfall of communiques filled with photos incredibly delicious treats, chocolates, pastries and more. With my mouth watering and my finger ready to click the ‘order’ button online, I present my list of tempting Easter treats to try around Vancouver:
Easter Treats in Greater Vancouver
- Colourful Chocolate Eggs
- What: Four-inch milk or dark chocolate Easter egg with a smooth colourful shell, decorated with daisies, and filled with two signature truffles: Ruby Chocolate and Mango Passion Fruit. They also serve up the Velvet Chocolate egg with white and milk Easter chocolates inside, and a fruit and nut egg filled with caramelized nuts and dried fruits.
- Where: Mon Paris Pâtisserie (4396 Beresford St., Burnaby)
- When: Order in advance for pickup and delivery on April 3-4, 2021
- Take-Home Cookie Kit
- What: The Bench’s popular cookie kit includes six freshly baked cookies in three different Easter shapes, piping bags of brightly coloured icing, decorative sugar, and Easter M&M’s.
- Where: The Bench Bakehouse (1641 Commercial Drive, Vancouver)
- When: Order online in advance, a limited number will be available for walk-ins April 1-4, 2021
- Bunny Buddies
- What: A Cookies & Cream Bunny with white chocolate studded with house-made cookie pieces and a solid Toffee Bunny, 70 per cent Peruvian chocolate with crunchy toffee pieces.
- Where: East Van Roasters (319 Carrall St, Vancouver)
- When: The 2021 Easter collection is available now at East Van Roasters, open from 12:00pm to 5:00pm Tuesday to Saturday, and online.
- Mousse Easter Chick
- What: Lemon white chocolate mousse, with blueberry mascarpone crémeux, vanilla joconde, and passionfruit glaze
- Where: Faubourg ( both locations: 769 Hornby St & 2156 W 41st Ave in Vancouver)
- When: You can now pre-order in person or online. Easter items will be available in stores from April 1-5, 2021.
- Mini Egg Puffcreams
- What: Popina’s freshly baked cream puffs, filled with a swirl of original-recipe Birchwood Dairy vanilla soft-serve ice cream, will be loaded with Mini Eggs.
- Where: Popina Canteen (Granville Island Public Market) and Popina Cantina ( Granville Island Net Loft)
- When: Now available until Easter, April 4th. Open Wednesday to Sunday.
- Dino-mite Easter Eggs
- What: A 7″ milk chocolate egg filled with fruit-flavoured mini dinosaur-shaped chocolates (passion fruit, strawberry, yuzu), chocolate covered cacao nibs, and dark chocolate and salted caramel crispy pearls. Crack the egg with the accompanying wooden mini hammer. Three lucky eggs have a $75 gift card hidden inside.
- Where: Beaucoup Bakery (2150 Fir St, Vancouver)
- When: Pre-order online for Easter.
- BONUS: The Cadbury Easter Egg Soft-Serve
All of these venues are serving up many more treats, this is just a tasty sampling, so be sure to click through to their online stores and shops to book your seasonal goodies.