While 2020 Christmas markets and craft fairs have been cancelled, the folks at Sweet Thea Bakery are coming to your holiday shopping rescue with the Sweet Thea Holiday Pop-Up. In addition to offering their own celebrated array of traditional European holiday baking (fruitcake, stollen, lebkuchen, plum pudding and many other delectable offerings), they’ve brought together a range of popular products from over a dozen favourite food-related vendors you’d normally find at seasonal markets.
Sweet Thea Holiday Pop-Up
Where: 4305 Main Street (27th & Main) in Vancouver
When: Daily 11:00am to 6:00pm until Sunday, December 27, 2020. Open until 7:00pm on Fridays.
You might recognize Sweet Thea from Circle Craft, Make-It, Out of Hand, and many other markets and craft fairs. The bakery is also a favourite vendor at farmers markets throughout the Lower Mainland (including the Trout Lake, Kitsilano, and Riley Park markets in Vancouver).
Here are some of the holiday treats you can pick up or have mailed:
- Holiday Baking: Stollen, fruitcake, cookies and more (Sweet Thea Bakery, Langley, BC)
- Acclaimed salsas and guacamole (Aji Gourmet Products, Surrey, BC)
- Freeze-dried organic garlics (BC Garlic Growers, Aldergrove, BC)
- Syrups and cordials (Frostbites Syrup, Squamish, BC)
- Freeze-dried raspberries and blueberries (G&D Growers, Chilliwack, BC)
- Infused honeys from the farm (Greendale Herb & Vine, Yarrow, BC)
- Award-winning jams and marmalades (Le Meadows Pantry, North Vancouver, BC)
- Maple syrups, sugars, and maple products (Maple’s Sugar Shack, Squamish, BC)
- Hand-pressed organic oils (Ostro Organics, Victoria, BC)
- Kitchen fabrics (Rain Goose Textiles, West Vancouver, BC)
- Skin and body products (Scentimental Creations, Vancouver, BC)
- Hand-crafted chocolates (Take A Fancy Bean to Bar Chocolate, Roberts Creek, BC)
- Roasted nuts (The Nut Merchant, Granville Island/Vancouver)
- Wild-foraged mushroom products (Untamed Feast, Edmonton, AB)
- Organic mustards (WildCraft Organics, 100 Mile House, BC)
There will be limited access to the shop and it will be on a first-come, first-served basis. It is recommended that you make a pre-order online and you can also send in a mail order. Pick-ups can be made at the Pop Up on Main, the bakery in Langley at 203 – 20540 Duncan Way, or at the Quay Market at Tsawwassen BC Ferries terminal (outbound passengers, in-terminal only).
I am very pleased to offer a Sweet Thea Holiday Joy Gift Box (value $104) to one lucky Miss604 reader/follower!
The Holiday Joy Gift Box includes: Chocolate Lebkuchen Cookies, Stollen with Marzipan, Sweet Thea Bakery Honey Hearts, Frostbite Syrups Raspberry Vanilla Cordial, Greendale Herb & Vine Lavender Infused Unpasteurized Honey, Le Meadows Pantry Cranberry Preserves, Maples Sugar Shack Amber Maple Syrup Gift Bottle, Take A Fancy Bean to Bar Dark Milk Chocolate Fleur de Sel Caramel, and The Nut Merchant Dark Chocolate Raspberry Almonds!
Here are a few ways you can enter to win:
- Leave a comment below on this blog post (1 entry)
- Like Sweet Thea and Miss604 on Facebook (1 entry)
- Share one of Sweet Thea’s Instagram posts to your story and tag @Miss604 (1 entry)
- Click below to participate on Twitter (1 entry)
[clickToTweet tweet=”RT to enter to win a Holiday Joy Gift Box from the @SweetTheaMarket Pop-Up on Main (value $104) http://ow.ly/pKOn50CjfVI” quote=” Click to enter via Twitter” theme=”style6″]
I will draw one winner at random from all entries at 12:00pm on Thursday, November 19, 2020. The winner will be able to pick up their holiday box at the Main Street Pop-Up or the bakery in Langley.
UPDATE The winner is Jennifer!