This weekend, Central City Fun Park opens its doors to the public, becoming the largest indoor amusement park in Metro Vancouver.
Central City Fun Park
Location: 11125 124 Street #100A, Surrey (near Scott Rd Station)
Tickets: Available online here
The team behind the Fun Park has in the entertainment business for over 30 years and currently operates a small bowling alley in Aldergrove and a couple of playcenters in Surrey and Langley (Funky Monkey & Go Bananas).
“Additionally, we used to operate Central City Arena (former Stardust), where we had public skating every Saturday evening before the building was sold for redevelopment,” owner Glen Vilio told me this week. “When the former Skyzone space became available we jumped at the opportunity to finally open a much larger facility which could be attended by people of all ages.”
They already had a strong following of roller skaters from Central City Arena so the roller rink was their first confirmed attraction followed by the new style bowling alley (10 pins using 5 pin balls and regular shoes). They then added the miniature golf course, arcade/redemption games & Hologate VR.
Due to COVID-19, they won’t be opening up to hundreds at a time, instead they have the following measures in place to ensure everyone’s safety:
- Reduced occupancy from 300 to 40 people
- Providing free masks (or bring your own)
- Spaced out the Arcade to allow for social distancing
- Limited Roller Skating to 12 skaters at a time
- Reduced the number of Bowling Lanes in half
- Enhanced sanitation & cleaning procedures
- As an extra precaution, they are enforcing the use of masks (free or bring your own) at this time. Safety precautions will be re-evaluated on an ongoing basis and are subject to change.
All guests must purchase tickets ($20) prior to arrival. Tickets include a designated entrance time & $20 Fun Card. Access is limited to 20 people per hour. Max stay is 2 hours.
With their very limited capacity (and to conform to social distancing guidelines) they also decided that the Hologate VR, pizzeria, and party rooms will remain closed for the time being.
It’s really exciting to see something new – and super fun – open its doors in my old neighbourhood. To celebrate, I have 2 x 4-packs of tickets (value $80 each) to give away so you can enjoy Central City Fun Park with your family/bubble. Here’s how you can enter to win:
- Leave a comment on this post (1 entry)
- Like, comment on, or share this post on Facebook
- Click below to post an entry on Twitter
I will draw one winner at random from all entries at 12:00pm on Thursday, June 11, 2020. UPDATE The winners are Selina and Noy!