This Saturday, join the MAD MAXathon at the Rio Theatre to benefit Australia bushfire relief.
MAD MAXathon at the Rio Theatre
- Where: Rio Theatre (1660 East Broadway, Vancouver)
- When: Doors 3:30pm on Saturday, January 25, 2020
- Tickets: Catch all four films for one sweet price $40 in advance or at the door. VIP pass ($60) includes early / priority entry to the event as well as a one-of-a-kind “swag bag” featuring a fantastic selection of goodies local sponsors.
Tickets to individual films are not currently available for online sale, but may be available at the door (subject to availability) for $20. Stay tuned for updates about this.
In celebration of Australia Day (January 26), the Rio is ready to throw our support to our friends and loved ones in “the land down under” the best way they know how: By screening all four of George Miller’s iconic dystopian classics – MAD MAX, THE ROAD WARRIOR, BEYOND THUNDERDOME and FURY ROAD – back-to-back, on the big screen, and dialed to 11.
MAD MAX (1979) at 4:30pm
MAD MAX 2: THE ROAD WARRIOR (1981) at 6:30pm
MAD MAX: BEYOND THUNDERDOME (1985) at 8:30pm
MAD MAX: FURY ROAD at 10:45pm
Get ready for trivia, raffles and door prizes, a 50/50 draw, a costume contest and a chance to send some love, friendship, and dollars to those on the front lines of this environmental disaster (via the Australian Red Cross).
Follow the Rio on Facebook and Twitter for their latest updates.
I have a pair of general admission marathon passes to give away, here’s how you can enter to win:
- Leave a comment on this post (1 entry)
- Click below to post an entry on Twitter
I will draw one winner at random from all entries at 9:00am on Friday, January 24, 2020.
UPDATE the winner is Robert!