The Chutzpah Festival returns in a new season, October 24 to November 24, 2019 with performances happening all across Vancouver.
- Where: Norman Rothstein Theatre, Vogue Theatre, Rickshaw Theatre, and The WISE Hall.
- When: October 24 to November 24, 2019
- Tickets: $24 to $60 (plus applicable fees and service charges) online or by phone at (604) 257-5145.
Now in its 19th year of celebrating culturally rich works in comedy, music, theatre and dance, the Chutzpah! Festival has established a reputation for presenting Vancouver audiences with new and exciting, critically acclaimed artists from all over the world. This year’s Festival will also showcase live music with film, and shines a light on artists from the U.K., Israel, Italy, U.S.A., and Canada.
- Iris Bahr – Norman Rothstein Theatre, Nov 12 & 13
- Daniel Cainer – Norman Rothstein Theatre, Oct 24
- Gary Lucas – Norman Rothstein Theatre, Oct 30
- AvevA – Rickshaw Theatre, Nov 14
- Yemen Blues: Hallel – Rickshaw Theatre, Nov 9
- Guy Mintus Trio – Norman Rothstein Theatre, Oct 29
- Rami Kleinstein – Norman Rothstein Theatre, Oct 27
- The Rescue: A Live Film-Concerto – Norman Rothstein Theatre, Nov 23
- Geoff Berner & TJ Dawe & Friends – WISE Hall, Nov 1
- The Diary of Anne Frank LatinX – Norman Rothstein Theatre, Nov 6-9
- Holocaust Brunch – Wosk Auditorium at the Jewish Community Centre, Oct 27-28
- ProArteDanza – Norman Rothstein Theatre, Oct 26-27
- MM Contemporary Dance – Norman Rothstein Theatre, Nov 1-4
- UNA Productions – Norman Rothstein Theatre, Nov 15-17
- Chutzpah! Dance & Comedy Inclusion Performance & Project – Norman Rothstein Theatre, Nov 24
Sandra Bernhard at the Chutzpah Festival
“Quick Sand” at the Vogue Theatre on October 31st at 8:00pm
Tickets available online now »
She’s always three steps ahead of the crowd. She has to be. She’s “Quick Sand”. In these fast-paced times, a lady can’t stop moving. You never know what you might encounter next in this fun house world we’re living in. So, Sandra takes control, bringing a mélange of musings, music, and whimsy – “never boring, j’adoring” is her motto, covering the waterfront of the outrageous, quotidian, and glamorous! Performing with a three-piece band, this iconic performer will make for a fun and memorable Halloween night.
Chutzpah! Festival will also pay tribute to the Jewish Community Centre and celebrate the 25th anniversary of its long-standing and renowned musical theatre summer camp created by Perry Ehrlich – Gotta Sing! Gotta Dance!; present a Shticks & Giggles comedy night with local comedians Ivan Decker, John Cullen, Lisa Person, Yisrael Shurack, and more; and host multiple workshops as well as creation residencies for artists in dance and theatre in urban and rural BC settings.
Follow the festival on Facebook and Twitter for more info.
I have a pair of tickets to give away to see Sandra Bernhard at the Vogue on Halloween night, here’s how you can enter to win:
- Leave a comment on this post (1 entry)
- Click below to post an entry on Twitter
I will draw one winner at random from all entries at 12:00pm on Tuesday, October 15, 2019.
UPDATE The winner is Jane!