Canada’s 152nd birthday party will feature a full day of festivities, great food, family fun and fireworks that will celebrate our nation’s values, innovation and diversity.
Canada Day at Canada Place 2019
- Where: Canada Place, Jack Poole Plaza, surrounding city streets
- When: 9:30am on July 1st until fireworks at 10:30pm
- Admission: Free
The day will begin with the traditional Citizenship Ceremony that will welcome 60 new Canadians to our multicultural family. At 11:00am, all zones and exhibits, including the Main Stage, will open with great entertainment and activities for guests of all ages.
- Daytime event performances: Featuring terrific musical acts and dance performances that reflect the talent and diversity of Canada itself (Dirty Radio, Blonde Diamond, Bitterly Divine, Marieme) with headliners Delhi 2 Dublin closing out the day.
- Coast Capital Savings Youth Zone: Located on the North Point of Canada Place, this zone will feature a lineup of fantastic music from artists including headliner Dirty Radio.
- Canadian Forces Zone (Hall B): Incredible displays and interactive exhibits that honour Canada’s Army, Navy, and Air Force.
- Innovation Zone: The Innovation Zone provides a peek into the future through displays, exhibits, and inspirational talks from some of the most interesting and forward-thinking organizations around.
- Kids’ Zone (Hall A): New for this year, the Kids’ Zone will feature a ton of activities to keep the kids entertained. Featuring emcee and music by Rock’N’Beau, and an epic mascot dance-off!
- Picnic Plaza: Picnic tables, buskers and family-friendly activities.
- Food trucks: Experience the great multi-cultural tastes of Canada.
Vancouver’s only two-barge simultaneous pyrotechnic extravaganza, viewable from Vancouver’s waterfront and the North Shore, with tickets (and best viewing) available at the family-friendly Fireworks Viewing Zone.
Canada Day fireworks in Burrard Inlet can be best viewed (for free) from Harbour Green Park; Coal Harbour; Stanley Park (9 o’clock gun); Crab Park; and West Vancouver Seawall (between Ambleside and Dundarave).
Canada Day at Canada Place in Vancouver is looking for performers, volunteers and exhibitors to be part of the 32nd annual celebration. Join over 250,000 of your fellow Canadians and share your national pride.
Every year, more than 250 volunteers help welcome over 250,000 guests who take part in the free event festivities organized around Canada Place. Volunteering is a great way to build experience, get involved in your community, meet new people and show your Canadian pride. Volunteers must be at least 16 years old.