40 artisan distilleries from across the province will be bringing their spirits to the 6th annual BC Distilled Festival on Saturday, April 6, 2019. Attendees – including a lucky Miss604 contest winner and their guest – will have the chance to taste some of the best spirits in Canada.
Where: Croatian Cultural Centre, 3520 Commercial Drive, Vancouver
When: Saturday, April 6, 2019
Trade/VIP Tasting: 2:00pm to 4:30pm
Public Tasting: 6:00pm to 9:00pm
Tickets: On sale now for $69.99, VIP $79.99, plus additional event tickets are available online.
25 of the distilleries in attendance this year won medals at the recent Canadian Artisan Spirit Competition – Canada’s only national spirit competition reserved exclusively for small distilleries, with a national panel of independent judges completing blind assessments of artisan spirits submitted by distillers across the country.
Here are 4 awesome things that make BC Distilled unique:
- Samples are not ticketed. Attendees are encouraged to try spirits without the pressure of finishing every drop to get their money’s worth out of a sample ticket.
- The venue is not sold to maximum capacity, so there is room to move and relax, and attendees won’t face long lineups to try spirits and other samples.
- Each distillery is represented by staff (in most cases the distiller is present), which means attendees get to talk to the people who actually make the spirits – not just agents.
- The Legacy Liquor pop-up shop is one of the most popular aspects of the show – it has the best selection of BC spirits anywhere in the province – for one night only!
BC Distilled is once again partnering with Pacific Assistance Dogs Society (PADS), whose participation is among attendees’ favourite parts of the event. Volunteers with dogs will be roaming the event while offering tickets to a 50/50 draw.
Shelter Point Distillery
Moon Distillery Ltd.
True North Distilleries
de Vine Spirits
Odd Society Spirits
Taunton Bay Spirits
The Liberty Distillery
The Woods Spirit Co.
After Dark Distillery Ltd.
Pacific Rim Distilling
Alchemist Distiller, Inc.
Pemberton Distillery Inc.
Gillespie’s Fine Spirits
Mad Laboratory Distilling
Fermentorium Distilling Co.
Maple Leaf Spirits Inc.
Sons of Vancouver Distillery
Ampersand Distilling Company
Central City Brewers & Distillers
Bruinwood Estate Distillery
Monashee Spirits Craft Distillery Ltd.
Salt Spring Shine Craft Distillery
The 101 Brewhouse + Distillery
Forbidden Spirits Distilling Co.
Merridale Cidery & Distillery
Deep Cove Brewers and Distillers
Urban Distilleries & Winery
Wayward Distillation House
Old Order Distilling Co.
Yaletown Distilling Company
The Dubh Glas Distillery
One Foot Crow Craft Distillery
Okanagan Spirits Craft Distillery
I have a pair of tickets to give away to the public tasting event on April 6th, here’s how you can enter to win:
- Leave a comment on this post (1 entry)
- Click below to post an entry on Twitter
UPDATE: The winner is