Ballet BC is proud to announce the return to Vancouver of Alberta Ballet’s The Nutcracker, at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre from December 28th until December 31st, 2013 with three evening performances and two matinees.
Choreographed by Edmund Stripe, with sets and costumes designed by Emmy Award-winning designer Zack Brown, The Nutcracker is set in turn of the 20th century Imperial Russia, an era of opulent grandeur. This production “…sparkles like a Fabergé egg…” says the Vancouver Sun and extravagantly displays more than a million dollars in stunning sets and costumes. With scores of children, mice in the battle scene dressed as Cossack soldiers, and snowflakes dressed as Russian princesses, this “sparking and spectacular achievement” (The Calgary Herald) offers a perfect complement to Tchaikovsky’s glorious musical score played live by the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra.
Choreography: Edmund Stripe; Music: Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky; Live Music: The Vancouver Symphony Orchestra; Set & Costumes: Zack Brown; Lighting Design: Pierre Lavoie
Performance times are 7:30pm on Saturday, Sunday, Monday, December 28th to December 30th and 2:00pm matinées on Sunday and Tuesday, December 29th and December 31st.
Tickets for The Nutcracker can be purchased through Ticketmaster at 1-855-985-2787 (855-985ARTS) or online, and range in price from $26.50-$85 (excluding service charges). Family packs and child prices available.
Nutcracker New Year’s Eve in Vancouver Contest
Thanks to Ballet BC, the St. Regis Hotel, and Gotham Steakhouse, I have a fantastic prize to offer. I wanted to make this an unforgettable night at the theatre inspired by a date night John and I had earlier this year and these three partners have definitely delivered! The following prize package will go to one lucky reader and a guest to enjoy on New Year’s Eve:
- Two matinée tickets to Alberta Ballet The Nutcracker Presented by Ballet BC on December 31, 2013.
Follow Ballet BC on Twitter | Facebook
- A one night stay at the St. Regis Hotel on December 31, 2013. Perfectly located in the centre of downtown Vancouver, the St. Regis Hotel offers award-winning service and refined boutique hotel accommodations. The independent, Canadian-owned and operated St. Regis recently completed a total renovation that brought this beautiful heritage building up to the highest level of modern comfort and finish. You stay includes a complimentary full breakfast, high-speed internet, and more within steps of every downtown attraction.
Follow The St. Regis Hotel on Twitter | Facebook
- Following the show, warm up with a complimentary round of cocktails for two at Gotham Steakhouse & Cocktail Bar. The cocktail bar at Gotham is a sexy, art deco-inspired space to savour a drink and some lively conversation with friends or clients. And nothing goes better with a stiff cocktail than a baby grand. Guests at the cocktail bar enjoy live music from Thursday to Sunday nights.
Follow Gotham Steakhouse on Twitter | Facebook
Here’s how you can enter to win:
- Leave a comment on this post (1 entry)
- Post the following on Twitter (1 entry)
- Share this post on Pinterest (1 entry)
I will draw one winner at random from all entries at 12:00pm on Thursday, December 19, 2013. Prize is only valid for December 31, 2013 and can not be exchanged for any other date combinations. Should the winner drawn be unable to use the prize on December 31, 2013, a new winner will be selected at random from all entries.
Update The winner is Mike! (Comment December 12, 2013 at 1:12 PM)