The Vancouver Art Gallery‘s popular adults-only Friday night FUSE event, which takes place only three times annually, is coming up again on July 19th. The theme is Grand Ballroom FUSE, inspired by the current Grand Hotel: Redesigning Modern Life exhibit. This summer edition of the event series will feature a multi-room party with performers, installations, projections, and DJs inside the art gallery.
Grand Ballroom FUSE
In honour of VIVA Vancouver’s new summertime plaza, “Corduroy Road” on Robson between Hornby and Howe, there will be special treats outside the gallery during FUSE as well, along with food carts. Other features of Grand Ballroom FUSE are:
- Contemporary dance artists House of La Douche, Waacouture and choreographer Jojo Zolina perform in the Gallery and on Robson Street in conjunction with VIVA Vancouver.
- DJs Cherchez La Femme and friends, on Robson Street in conjunction with VIVA Vancouver.
- 2 FUSE Lounges: One outdoors on Robson Plaza by the patio bar, and one indoor with Paul Wong’s ambient Art Bar featuring signature projections and DJs.
- Psychedelic, experimental sounds by Vancouver-based band Von Bingen in the 4th floor rooftop pavilion.
- Ambient art rock music from Victoria’s Freak Heat Waves in the 4th floor rooftop pavilion.
- Spectacular projections in the rotunda by H Four, and an unforgettable performance by opera singer Jessica Lalonde, with synthesizer by Juno-Award winning composer Chris Gestrin.
- A roving, interactive dance collaborative by Kinesis Dance on the 1st and 2nd floors… and more!
Those who attend FUSE also get access to exhibits like Grand Hotel: Redesigning Modern Life; Persuasive Visions: 17th Century Dutch & Flemish Masterworks and Contemporary Reflections; Martin Honert; Portraits in Time; James Hart: The Dance Screen; and In Dialogue with Carr: Gareth Moore – Allochthonous Window.
FUSE will run from 8:00pm until 1:00am on Friday, July 19, 2013. Tickets are just $20, or free for Vancouver Art Gallery members. If you would like to attend, I have a pair of tickets to give away. Here’s how you can enter to win:
- Leave a comment on this post (1 entry)
- Post the following on Twitter (1 entry)
I will draw one winner at random from all entries at 12:00pm on Tuesday, July 16, 2013. Must be 19+ to enter and attend. Please enjoy responsibly.
Update The winner is Kate!