Vancouver Waterfight 2011by
The Vancouver Waterfight is happening this weekend in Stanley Park. It was originally supposed to take place weeks ago but since our summer was so soggy (pretty much defeating the purpose of the event) it’s been pushed back.
The waterfight is more of a “friendly soaking” with rules to ensure that no one is hurt during this wet and playful game.
Vancouver Waterfight Code of Conduct
A few abbreviated rules as posted on the Facebook Event:
- Do not bring any other water “weapons” aside from water pistols. Water balloons are not allowed as they cause litter.
- Absolutely do not by any means bring a water pistol that resembles a real gun.
- Be sure to dress for the occasion and be prepared to get wet.
- Do not terrorize the public. They do not want to take part unless they are receptive to your invitation to join. Only target the other willing and enthusiastic participants.
- Do not bring cameras because you know they will get wet and/or damaged. Put your mobile phone in a plastic baggie if you must have it out.
- This is a laugh, don’t take it too seriously, and don’t beat each other up over it.
- Do not leave a mess behind (again, do not bring water balloons and avoid bringing bottles of water).
- No dyed water. Keep it good, clean, fun.
Meet up anytime between 1:00pm and 4:00pm on Saturday, August 27, 2011 near Lumberman’s Arch and the kid’s water park area. There are currently over 1,400 people attending per the Facebook event so be safe and have fun!