Fitness Fridays: First Week

Friday, July 25th, 2008 — 6:00am PST

Photo credit:
SqueakyMarmot on Flickr

In an effort to lead a more healthy lifestyle, John and I have teamed up with Fitness World who will be sponsoring our workouts and nutritional plans for the next 12 months.

Although I’ve always enjoyed an outdoor workout, sometimes you need a little more motivation. Nothing compares to running through the dewy trails of Stanley Park with morning birds chirping overhead, however I figure it’s time for more action and dedication on my part so I’m hoping being with the club with help me with that.

Last week we got a tour of the facilities downtown and this week I had my first workout. I’m not trying to lose a ton of weight (I like my curves) but I would just like to not be out of breath when we walk up the stairs to our apartment… things like that. It’s all about being healthy, which makes me happy – and this is the point.

I’ll be checking in sporadically over the next year with “Fitness Friday” updates featuring my progress and by the end I’ll include a photo of me bench-pressing John. Okay… maybe not but I hope to see some results.

1. Tyler Ingram says:

That’s awesome that you and John are going to be working on your fitness. Ever since I started jogging (8 weeks now) I have found myself having a great deal more energy and my appetite is a lot less.

I try and stay outside as much as possible whether or not I’m jogging the seawall, hiking in the local areas or even a walk taking photos.

Also with the upcoming boarding season I plan on being in much better shape than I was last year so it will be more fun when I hit Cypress or Whistler/Blackcomb!

I’ll definitely be following your Fitness Friday entries!

2. Phaedra says:

Congrats! And perhaps I’ll be seeing you at Fitness World, as that is where I train ๐Ÿ™‚

3. Jeremy says:

$5 says that if you keep up with this for a year you’ll be able to bench press John!

4. gillian says:

Which Fitness World are you going to? I find the two downtown are quite different from each other, and each has its good points and bad points.

My personal trainer works at the Davie St one (Sveta). If you want a killer workout and fast results, talk to her.

5. Yes, let’s ALL bench press me!

6. Mr.406 says:

“I have teamed up with Fitness World who will be sponsoring our workouts and nutritional plans for the next 12 months.”

Sell out!!

Hey Mr. 406 – in an effort to be as transparent as possible on my site and to not mislead my readers, yes – I fully wanted to disclose our relationship with Fitness World. It’s too bad that you have decided to hide behind and anonymous (and fake) email and name, although your IP and domain are quite visible… cheers.

8. Mort-y says:

Good luck to you, Mr406….see you on the treadmill!

9. Kimm says:

Good luck with it, I’m doing the same thing but at drive fitness (bootcamp in a gym setting) and biking around my new area (its one way to see the area)

10. Kat says:

Good for you both! You’ll feel a real difference in no time!

11. fotoeins says:

J.B., I can honestly say that I have no wish to bench-press you. On the other hand, I would pay to see R.B. bench-press you. ๐Ÿ˜‰

12. Ariane says:

Hey, I’ll totally be reading up on the progress–I like strength training, but cardio fitness has ALWAYS been a big challenge for me, and I tend to go through big phases of going to the gym three times a week to totally not going for a month or two. It’s terrible! Hopefully hearing about you guys getting buff will help kick me back into gear! Good luck!

13. Raul says:

Congrats on the workout (and who’s this Mr. 406? grr)… This coming week I am running all week and doing weight lifting, just in case – Pride Weekend is next weekend and you never know, I might need to show some skin? ๐Ÿ™‚

14. […] I dont have a problem writing about products for my blog. I think companies that reach out to the blogosphere for feedback should be applauded, and those who offer honest reviews on their blog should be thanked – not accused of being sell outs. […]

15. Its good to see people wanting to get in better shape.

If you ever have any fitness/diet related questions feel free to contact me on my website:

16. Jon Hemerman says:

It’s good to hear that Fitness World are sponsoring you guys, I have been with a personal trainer for a while and as you correctly say you sometimes really do need a nudge in the right direction. Hope it works well for you.

17. .. i think so ๐Ÿ˜‰ I’ll put this post to DIGG if i can worke it outGood Luck with your site.Fitness Shop

Blogathon Vancouver 2008: Starting Soon