Workout for Women’s Day by Donation Classes for a Causeby
Workout for Women’s Day is back for the 5th year, presenting dozens of classes and sessions all by donation, all in support of some great causes from March 3-8, 2023.
Workout for Women’s Day in Vancouver
Here’s how Workout for Women’s Day works:
- Donate to the cause of your choice (consider what you’d spend on a drop-in class, or donate what you can). The four beneficiaries this year are:
- Pacific Immigrant Resources Society
- Avalon Recovery Society
- Everywoman’s Health Centre
- Women’s Shelters Canada (a national cause this year for those participating online from outside of BC)
- Check the daily schedule (PDF) and find the workouts and classes you’d like to participate in. They’ve had everything from Power Step to Barre Fusion, HIIT, Zumba, Strength Training, Bliss Yoga Flow, Circus Bodies, Retro Dance Cardio, Kickboxing, Bollywood Dance Party, and many more.
- Register for your class(es) and you’re good to go!
Organizers Shana Alexander, Andi Davis, and Danya Rogen want to raise awareness for organizations and causes that support all self-identifying girls and women, and gender expansive people, in the hopes of creating greater community connections now and in the future, and promote inclusion, diversity and equity in movement settings.
For participants, they provide a space where all feel welcome and empowered to move in their own way.
All of the instructors’ time, and the venues/spaces have been donated as this is a truly grassroots initiative – with a big impact! In the first four years Workout for Women’s Day has raised about $100,000 and they’re hoping to add another $50,000 to that total in celebration of their fifth year. The charities have identified areas of their programming where help is critically needed so you will be able to see the impact of your contribution.
Follow Stronger Together Vancouver on Instagram for updates and stay tuned for the schedule and registration information!
Miss604 is a proud media sponsor of this campaign
Related: 2022 Workout for Women’s Day Organizers