Family Friendly Halloween in Metro Vancouverby
There’s a great lineup of family friendly Halloween activities in Metro Vancouver this year, with old favourites returning alongside new activities and adventures for all ages. Here are Miss604’s top picks:
Family Friendly Halloween in Metro Vancouver
Eerie Illusions at Burnaby Village Museum
- When: October 20 to 30, 2022 from 5:30pm to 10:30pm daily
- Where: Burnaby Village Museum (6501 Deer Lake Ave, Burnaby)
- Admission: Get tickets online. Open rain or shine.
- Adults $10; Children $5 (2-12 years); Free for children under 2 years
- Note: The carousel will not be open during this special event series
Gulf of Georgia Cannery’s Haunted Sea
- When: October 15 to 31, 2022 10:00am to 5:00pm daily
- Where: Gulf of Georgia Cannery (12138 Fourth Ave, Richmond)
- Admission: For all ages, regular admission fees apply
Sea to Sky
Britannia Mine Museum’s Treasures of the Deep
- When: October 15 & 16, 22 & 23, 29 & 30 10:00am to 3:00pm
- Where: Britannia Mine Museum (150 Copper Dr, Britannia Beach)
- Admission: Purchase tickets here for the event only, which include access to the lower museum site. The Halloween special event rate is $25 for youth and adults, and $20 for kids ages 3-12, which includes the Halloween activities, Treasures of the Deep underground odyssey, museum exhibits, and gold panning.
Sea to Sky Gondola
- When: Sunday, October 23 from 12:00pm to 3:00pm
- Where: Sea to Sky Gondola
- Admission: Free, with your gondola lift ticket or pass. Trick or treaters can stroll the Alpine Alley trail, while Sea to sky characters will make appearances at different stations and hand out candy along the way. A special family-friendly menu will be offered in the cafe including macaroni and cheese with fresh veggies, fluffy pancakes served with syrup and chocolate chip banana french toast.
Halloween in Vancouver
Halloween Family Magic Show
- When: Sunday, October 30 from 1:00pm to 2:00pm
- Where: Roundhouse Community Centre
- Admission: Book online in advance. Dress up in a costume and enjoy some family friendly entertainment: A live magic show with Rod Boss. All attendees must purchase a ticket for the show. No babies in arms. Show is recommended for school-age children.
- Search for more events at local community centres (for young children and youth)
Barclay Manor Haunted House
- When: October 28 7:00pm to 9:00pm; October 29 4:30pm to 6:00pm
- Where: Barclay Manor (1447 Barclay St, Vancouver)
- Admission: $3 in advance or at the door. Recommended for ages 8 and up.
Tricks & Treats at Playland
- When: Saturday, October 29 & Sunday, October 30 12:00pm to 4:00pm
- Where: Playland
- Admission: Book online in advance for $31.50 for all ages. Admission includes rides, access to 3 Haunted Houses (Haunted Mansion, Fear, and Materia Medica with no actors in them) and a candy scavenger hunt. Kids 3 and younger are free with adult accompaniment. Haunted Houses recommended for ages 13+.
Fin-Tastic Fall Days at the Aquarium
- When: Daily until October 31, 2022
- Where: Vancouver Aquarium
- Admission: Regular admission rates apply. Discover new spooky surprises for the whole family during Fin-tastic Fall Days. For a limited time, get hands-on in the new Spooky Wet Lab and experience up-close encounters with colourful snakes, super cool spiders and more. Embark on an immersive adventure with a new Splash and Bubbles 4-D Experience® and explore among more than 65,000 amazing animals, all surrounded by fun and festive fall decor.
Trick or Treat in Yaletown
- When: October 31 from 3:30pm to 5:30pm
- Where: Along Homer, Hamilton, Mainland, Davie and Pacific
- Admission: Free! Dress up in your best costume as Yaletown merchants hand out treats to all the neighbourhood kids.
Trick or Treat on Denman Street
- When: Monday, October 31 from 4:30pm to 6:00pm
- Where: Select businesses along Denman, from Alberni to Davie
- Admission: Free! Bring the kids out this Halloween and dress up in your scariest costume. Candy will be handed out by participating Denman Street Businesses.
Halloweenie at the Granville Island Kids Market
- When: Sunday, October 30 from 11:00am to 2:00pm
- Where: Granville Island Kids Market (1496 Cartwright St, Vancouver)
- Admission: Free! Trick or Treat at the Kids Market and get a free spooky selfie with Giggle Booth photos.
Monster Masquerade Family Skate
- When: Sunday, October 30 from 4:00pm to 6:00pm
- Where: Rollerland Building (2901 E Hastings St, Vancouver at the PNE)
- Admission: $15, purchase online in advance. Show your best costume and come trick or treating at family-friendly Rolla Skate Club. A treat for every skater, a fun skate playlist, and prizes for the best solo and group costumes. All ages welcome, families encouraged. All attendees must purchase a ticket including non-skating chaperones. Rental rollerskates and protective pads are free with each ticket, or bring your own. Minimum recommended skater age is 5 years old. Under 5s are welcome, and free to attend off skates.
HalloWeekend on the River
- When: October 29 & 30 10:00am to 4:00pm
- Where: Fraser River Discovery Centre (788 Quayside Dr, New Westminster)
- Admission: $3-$15 cost for this event is included in admission to the Discovery Centre. Admission is free for members. What is haunting the Fraser River? Walk through the haunted house to find out which invasive species lurk beneath the surface or take a closer look at what causes your jack-o’-lantern to breakdown.
Canyon Frights at Capilano Suspension Bridge Park
- When: Friday, October 14 to Monday, October 31, 2022 10:00am to 8:00pm daily
- Where: Capilano Suspension Bridge Park (3735 Capilano Rd, North Vancouver)
- Admission: Purchase online in advance. Annual Passholders will be required to reserve their time online prior to their visit. Kids of all ages can attend in costume for tricks and treats, join in Halloween-themed games, and participate in a scavenger hunt to win prizes.
East of the Fraser
Willowbrook Shopping Centre
- When: Monday, October 31 from 4:00pm to 6:00pm
- Where: Willowbrook (19705 Fraser Hwy, Langley)
- Admission: Free! Start by visiting Concierge, the first 1,000 children in costume will receive a complimentary loot bag to take along as they visit store fronts collecting treats. Participating retailers will be identifiable by Halloween themed balloons at the store’s entrance
Secrets of The Haunted Bog
- When: October 17 to 31 from 12:00pm to 7:00pm daily
- Where: Guildford Town Centre (10355 152 St, Surrey)
- Admission: Free! Head on over to this delightfully spooky experience at Guildford Town Centre. Bring your little boos and ghouls for this free event—walk-ins welcome, or book online in advance.
- When: Saturday, October 29 from 11:00am to 4:00pm
- Where: 137 Street between 72A & 74 Avenue in Surrey
- Admission: Free! Enjoy trick or treating, mini golf, kid fun zone, face painting, food trucks and a haunted train. Performances by the Surrey Dance Company, and grab your free pumpkin by donation on your way out. All proceeds going to the Surrey Food Bank.
Get Updates to Your Inbox
I send out a weekly events newsletter every Thursday night so you can plan your weekend. Sign up below, and follow the monthly event list for inspiration.