Registration is now open for the Coquitlam Summer Concert Series which will include four drive-in concerts held the weekend of July 17-18, 2021, with videos of the live performances available online for free starting July 23.
Coquitlam Summer Concert Series
Modified for safe viewing during the pandemic, the fifth annual concert series formerly attracted thousands to Town Centre Park. This year the Summer Concert Series has been planned as a drive-in event to offer Coquitlam residents a safe way to experience live music once again. Those attending the drive-in shows may either remain in their vehicles or set up chairs in their designated space to enjoy an outdoor concert experience. As part of the City’s commitment to supporting businesses, the 2021 event will also support local eateries.
Live Performances Taped for Viewing On-demand
Four talented and varied acts will perform 30-minute concerts to registered drive-in participants in the Dr. Charles Best Secondary School parking lot. Limited spots, at $5 per carload, are available for each show. Hosted by MC Delany, the lineup is:
- Redwoods – July 17, 6:00pm (online premiere July 23):
- Classic rock and soul that blends soulful vocals, guitar harmonies and dynamic songwriting, with a sound reminiscent of 1970s hard rock and 1990s grunge.
- Duane, Dave and Johanna of the Town Pants – July 17, 8:00pm(online premiere August 6):
- Combining aspects of Irish traditional, folk rock and roots Americana, fusing their signature dual lead vocals to create their own unique brand of West Coast Celtic.
- John Welsh & Los Valientes – July 18, 1:00pm (online premiere August 20):
- A blend of folk, surf rock, reggae and Latin music performed in English and Spanish by a 2019 Fraser Valley Music Award nominee and 2018 Western Canadian Music Award nominee for World Artist of the Year.
- Raincity – July 18, 3:00pm(online premiere September 3):
- A Vancouver-based rage-funk group fronted by female leads on saxophone and vocals, influenced by the likes of Moon Hooch, Amy Winehouse, Queen and Rage.
All shows will be available for viewing on demand until September 17 online after premiering on Coquitlam’s Facebook page and YouTube channel.
Participants are encouraged to arrive early; gates will open 30-minutes prior to each concert. No food or beverages will be sold on site, but attendees are encouraged to bring takeout from a local restaurant or food and cold beverages from home.
Taste of Coquitlam
Following a call for entries, four Coquitlam restaurants or pubs were selected to be featured in this year’s event promotions online and on social media:
- Fairways Grill & Patio – Casual dining
- Steve’s Poke Bar – Hawaiian poke
- John B Pub – Upscale pub food
- Mariner Brewing – Pub food
Residents are invited to follow the City of Coquitlam on Facebook to find out about top Coquitlam eateries and for a chance to win a $50 restaurant gift certificates at each virtual concert.
Miss604 is a proud Media Partner of the Coquitlam Summer Concert Series.