Vancouver Pride Society has announced its full schedule for the 2021 #ChooseYourPride celebrations. While acknowledging that Pride doesn’t look the same for all community members, the organization is hosting more than 60 events including in-person and digital experiences taking place July 3 to August 3, 2021.
Vancouver Pride Events 2021
When: July 3 to August 3, 2021
Where: Various locations across Vancouver and online
Tickets/Registration: Ranging from $0–$10 available online starting June 28, 2021 at 10:00am
As one of the first in-person Summer festivals since COVID hit in 2020, Vancouver Pride Society will bring the pandemic-friendly VanPrideFest to Jonathan Rogers Park in Mount Pleasant from July 30 to August 1, 2021. The series of free open-air programming with community partners offers ten different time slots dedicated to the specificities of the local 2SLGBTQAI+ community. The event is free but registration is required so organizers are able to comply with all provincial health orders.
For the first time this year, organizers are bringing a series of COVID-safe Pride Lounges to Vancouver Downtown, which will pop across from Jim Deva Plaza, Stanley Park Brewpub, and šxʷƛ̓ ənəq Xwtl’e7énḵ Square at the Vancouver Art Gallery. Attendees will be able to book a time slot for up to six people within their bubble in advance and enjoy drinks under the summer sky with lounge-style entertainment.
Decentralized Pride Parade
Due to provincial COVID-19 Public Health Orders, Vancouver Pride has had to cancel its in-person Pride Parade extravaganza, which usually draws people from all over the country. Instead, the organization will be hosting a digital Decentralized Pride Parade Broadcast on August 1, 2021, encouraging viewers to celebrate with individual gatherings to take up space all around the city and connect with their communities. Have a picnic in the park, dress up in Pride gear, have lunch on a patio, or march with loved ones down the street. This celebration is about being loud and proud taking over the city for the day. The broadcast will include pre-recorded videos from Vancouver Pride’s community partners and live reporters in multiple locations. In addition participants who post about their individual celebrations, using #VanPride will have the chance to be featured in Vancouver Pride’s Decentralized Parade and win prizes.
- Pride Summer Series: Online July 16 and 23, 2021 starting at 6:00pm
- Pride Art Walk: Various Locations, July 19 to August 3, 2021
- VanPride Classroom: Online, July 19 to 28, 2021, at various times
- Drag Story Time: Online, starting July 20, at 10:00am
- Pride Lounges: Various Locations, July 23–25 and July 30 to August 1, 2021, various time slots available
- Drag Deliveries: Online July 26–30, 2021 starting at 4:00pm daily
- LGBTQAI2S+ International Human Rights Panel: Online, July 27, at 6:00pm
- Queer History Panel: Online July 29, 2021, at 7:00pm
- VanPrideFest: Jonathan Rogers Park, July 30–August 1, 2021, various time slots available
- Symphonic Pride: Online, July 30, 2021, 7:00pm
- POSH BALL 2021 – Online Kiki Ball: Online July 31, 2021 starting at 6:00pm
- Decentralized Pride Parade: Online August 1, 2021 starting at 12:00pm
Follow Vancouver Pride on Facebook for updates, and view the full event lineup here.