The annual CBC Vancouver Open House and Food Bank Day returns this year with a virtual twist on Friday, December 4th. In keeping with tradition, Open House in Your House will feature a full day of special programming on CBC Radio One in support of Food Banks BC. New for this year, CBC hosts will be available for virtual meet and greets with the public across the province.
CBC Vancouver Open House and Food Bank Day
While visiting the CBC Vancouver broadcast centre is a special holiday tradition in the community, in adherence to physical distancing protocols and to promote public safety, the CBC Vancouver building will not be open to the public for tours or live broadcasts this year.
In addition to raising funds for local food banks this year, CBC Vancouver will be encouraging acts of kindness in the community to spread goodwill and cheer during an especially challenging holiday season.
The schedule for CBC British Columbia’s Food Bank Day on December 4th includes:
- The Early Edition with Stephen Quinn featuring special guests from 5:00am to 8:30am
- An extended and combined edition of BC Today with Michelle Eliot &North by Northwest with Sheryl MacKay starting at noon
- On The Coast with Gloria Macarenko featuring unique stories and guests from 3:00pm to 6:00pm
- Digital Meet and Greets from 9:00am to 5:30pm from the comfort of home with:
- Mike Killeen, Dan Burritt, Johanna Wagstaffe, Stephen Quinn, Gloria Macarenko, Michelle Eliot, Sheryl MacKay, Margaret Gallagher, Angela Sterritt, Chris Walker, Sarah Penton, Carolina de Ryk, Faith Fundal, Gregor Craigie, Kathryn Marlow, Shelley Joyce
You can click here to make a direct donation to the CBC Food Bank Day campaign online.
For 33 years, British Columbians have been donating to food banks at CBC/Radio-Canada’s annual Open House and Food Bank Day, raising more than $10 million for food banks in B.C. since its inception in 1986.