I am a huge fan of the Circle Farm Tour self-guided experiences that are offered in the Fraser Valley, and we’re known to head out from the city on a weekend and farm-gate shop at some of our favourite spots. This season, there are a few new destinations to mark on our map, with the Fraser Valley Sunflower Trail.
Fraser Valley Sunflower Trail
The Fraser Valley is bursting with vibrant sunflowers this summer at the second annual Chilliwack Sunflower Festival, featuring acres of colourful sunflowers (plus, new this year: the addition of dazzling dahlias). There’s also the Abbotsford Sunflower Festival at Maan Farms (with a Sunflower Field, Corn Maze and Barnyard Adventureland) and the Applebarn and Sunflower Patch at Taves Family Farms.
The trail also includes favourites like Old Yale Brewing, the Eco Dairy (where you’ll find an EV super charger) and much more. It’s also corn season, it’s always honey season, and let’s not forget my favourite – Fraser Valley cheese! There’s a lot to see and do on the trail, fun for the whole family, and plenty of photo ops – often with adorable farm animals.
Win an Experience
To toast the season, I am giving away a Fraser Valley Sunflower Trail experience. One lucky winner will receive:
- Two passes to the Chilliwack Sunflower Festival with one bouquet (5 sunflowers) from the u-pick sunflower field and one $30 voucher to use towards Food Trucks at the festival (valid until September 15, 2019).
- Two passes to the Abbotsford Sunflower Festival at Maan Farms (running August 16 to September 1, 2019) which includes access to the Sunflower Field, Corn Maze and Barnyard Adventureland (which are in separate locations)
- Two passes to the Taves Family Farms Applebarn and Sunflower Patch (August 16 to September 1, 2019; some of the attractions at the Applebarn are seasonal, and/or available on weekends only)
Here’s how you can enter to win:
- Leave a comment on this post (1 entry)
- Click below to post an entry on Twitter
I will draw one winner at random from all entries at 6:00pm on Sunday, August 18, 2019.
UPDATE: The winner is Jackie!