Carousel Theatre for Young People presents Spirit Horse, a play about two youth who are caught between two worlds—the traditional ways of their Stoney Nation heritage and the modern ways of the city.
Angelina and Jesse’s lives are changed forever when their grandfather brings them a horse that has mysteriously appeared to him. Can this majestic animal heal a troubled single parent family? Spirit Horse – a poignant tale about family, love and courage – has a warm heart and adventurous spirit. Three actors play over sixty five characters, accompanied by a live musician, in this highly theatrical and imaginative production.
Spirit Horse is an adaptation by Ojibway playwright, Drew Hayden Taylor, from the Irish play Tir Na N’Og by Greg Banks, directed by Greg Banks, costume design by Robin Fisher, set & lighting design by Glenn Davidson, and music composed by Anne Lederman. The cast features Brianne Ticker, Dakota Herbert and Timothy L. Hill with on-stage musician Alex Lamoureux. A Roseneath Theatre production.
- Where: The Waterfront Theatre on Granville Island (1412 Cartwright St, Vancouver)
- When: April 21 at 2:00pm & 7:00pm; April 22 at 2:00pm; April 27 at 7:00pm; April 28 at 2:00pm & 7:00pm; April 29 at 2:00pm
- Tickets: Available online now or by calling (604) 685-6217. Adults: $35; Seniors/Students: $29; Young People (Ages 1-17 years): $18. Discounted subscription rates available when booking for two or more plays.
Spirit Horse is recommended for ages 8+ due to some challenging themes, intense moments and high-stakes scenes of action and adventure.
Win Tickets to See Spirit Horse
I have a pair of tickets to give away see Spirit Horse on Saturday, April 21 at 2:00pm at the Waterfront Theatre. Here’s how you can enter to win:
- Leave a comment on this post (1 entry)
- Click below to post an entry on Twitter
Update The winner is @janetmoo!