The City of Port Coquitlam has put together Canada 150: Celebrate Our Journey, a free arts, music, and nature festival that features a full day of family fun plus a headlining performance from local international recording and touring sensations Delhi 2 Dublin.
Port Coquitlam Celebrates Canada 150
- When & Where: Saturday August 26, 2017
Lion’s Park (2300 Lions Way) 12:00pm to 4:00pm
Leigh Square (2253 Leigh Square) 2:00pm to 9:00pm
- Admission: FREE! RSVP to the Facebook event to get updates »
The day will begin at noon with a celebration of rivers and trails in Lions Park, including an opening ceremony, live music and entertainment, displays, food, hands-on activities with environmental stewards, guided nature walks, and more through to 4:00pm.
Entertainment will include champion Lil’wat Nation hoop dancer Alex Wells and pop-up dance performances in surprise locations between Lions Park and Leigh Square.
In the afternoon, Leigh Square will come alive with hands-on arts and cultural activities, storytelling, dancing and music, along with food trucks and a beverage garden.
Other cultural activities at Leigh Square will include a canoe display and stories by the Kwikwetlem First Nation, and a chance for residents to share their story with PoCo Heritage, have a souvenir photo taken and get a sneak peek at the upcoming Terry Fox exhibit.
Event-goers can paint a tile for the Canada 150 Mosaic, a national public art project that is creating a giant mural made up of tiles and artwork from across the country. Port Coquitlam’s community mural, made up of tiles painted during the festival, will be installed at the Outlet in Leigh Square, creating a new piece of public art for the community.
Bandshell Stage Lineup at Leigh Square
- 2:00pm: Jodi Proznick Quartet, led by an internationally renowned Port Coquitlam bassist
- 3:10pm: Alex Wells, a champion Lil’wat Nation hoop dancer
- 4:00pm: The Full Spin, soulful pop cover tunes with a unique twist
- 5:10pm: Atomic Swing Vancouver dance team
- 7:00pm: The dynamic, unique, and energetic fusion of Delhi 2 Dublin will close out the day in style.