Salt Spring in the City returns to Vancouver, bringing the essence and vibrance of a very special Gulf Island to Main Street for one exclusive weekend.
It’s had a special place in our hearts for years and recently Salt Spring Island was named in the New York Times, “52 Places to Go in 2016”, and described as a place where, “Winding roads lead from farms and wineries to cheeseries, breweries and artists’ studios.” Now the charm and character of its artisans are coming back to Vancouver for the 3rd Annual Salt Spring in the City from March 4th to 6th at Heritage Hall.
Salt Spring Island
Voted one of the “World’s Best Islands” by Condé Nast Traveller and “Canada’s Coolest Island” by the Washington Post, Salt Spring is an artist colony of only 10,000 people situated off the coast of Vancouver, accessible by float plane and ferry.
John and I first ventured here almost a decade ago and we’ll be returning for our 10 year wedding anniversary (attempting to stay a whole week at a secluded B&B) because it’s just such a special place. Sheep in pastures, rainforest ferns in gullies, rocky shores, artisans down every road, and farm-to-table goodness served up at local restaurants and pubs with live music.
I am thrilled to once again sponsor Salt Spring in the City, where the magic of this Gulf island will appear in Vancouver over a weekend.
Salt Spring in the City
- Venue: Heritage Hall, at 15th & Main Street
- Dates and times:
Friday, March 4, 2016: 4:00pm to 9:00pm
Saturday, March 5, 2016: 10:00am to 6:00pm
Sunday, March 6, 2016: 11:00am to 4:00pm
- Admission: Salt Spring in the City admission is $4 for adults, and free for kids 13 and under. Visitors to the show will have a unique opportunity to discover the best of what the island has to offer, as well as win an exciting array of prizes. The first 25 people through the door each day receive a gift of Salt Spring Island goodies.
- Salt Spring Kitchen Company, Small Batch Jams
- Heavy Meadow, Piece of Hand-cut Jewelry
- Salt Spring Tweed, Upcylced Small Bag
- End of Her Rope, Original Hair Band
- Salt Spring Screen Print, Custom designed Tea Towel set of 3
- Julie Mackinnon Ceramics, Handmade Mug
- Moonshine Mama’s Elixirs & Tonics, Sample pack of 3
- Leave a comment naming your favourite vendor from the Salt Spring in the City website (1 entry)
- Tag a friend on this Facebook post (1 entry)
- Post the following on Twitter (1 entry)
Over thirty vendors have been invited with strict criteria for inclusion meaning the product must be designed, and produced on Salt Spring Island. The Vancouver showcase includes food and fashion, paintings and pottery, wine and crafts, and a sense of nostalgia for the West Coast’s homesteading practices.
Once you enter Heritage Hall you’ll also leave behind the City and enter into a magical place where Salt Spring’s notable artisans will charm you with their character and top-notch wares. Discover the fashions of Cherry Blossom Eco Clothing or pick up a fabric fob from the man quilter, the Quilted Prince. Try a sample of Salt Spring Cheese while you explore the artwork of abstract painter Zandra Stratford. You’ll also enjoy trying Moonshine Mama’s Elixirs, and small batch preserves both savoury and sweet from Salt Spring Kitchen Co., just to name a few.
Win a Prize pack
As the exclusive Social Media Sponsor of Salt Spring in the City, I have a beautiful gift basket of coveted Salt Spring Island artisanal gems, valued at over $200, to give away to one lucky reader.
The prize includes:
Here’s how you can enter to win:
Of course the winner will also get two ticket to Salt Spring in the City so they can check out the event and pick up their prize pack. I will draw one winner at random from all entries at 12:00pm on Sunday, February 28, 2016. Follow Salt Spring in the City on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Update The winner is Niki Aston!