One of our favourite places on the planet, Salt Spring Island, is a pleasure to enjoy at any time of year but the island really comes alive at Christmas. In true West Coast style, December days can be spent exploring a forest by the ocean, sipping seasonal cocktails in front of a fire, or picking up unique gifts from local artisans and producers. There’s also a host of Christmas activities, from the Glowtini Competition, Chilli Cook-off, Winter-Craft, visits with Santa, and more.
Salt Spring in the City
If you are unable to visit Salt Spring over the holiday season, you can discover the wares of woodworkers, designers, jewellers and potters, artisanal cheese makers and preservers, weavers and painters, artists and foodies in Vancouver this March.
Christmas on Salt Spring invites you to be their special guest at Salt Spring in the City from March 4 to 6, 2016 at Heritage Hall in Vancouver and one lucky Miss604 winner can take home a gift basket of Salt Spring offerings:
- Porcelain Cup and Saucer from Julie Mackinnon Ceramics
- Head wrap by End of Her Rope Designs
- Pair of Hand Spats by SaltSpring Tweed
- Spicy Tomato Jam by SaltSpring Kitchens
- Basil Chèvre by SaltSpring Cheese
- Small painting from Zandra Stratford
- A Gift from Cherry Blossom Clothing
This prize also includes passes for yourself and three of your best friends for a visit to a curated pop-up village market. Salt Spring in the City features notable Salt Spring artisans and entrepreneurs. You’ll enter Heritage Hall where these world-class merchants will show you the treasures and flavours of the Salish Sea.
Enter to Win
Here’s how you can enter to win this Salt Spring in the City prize package:
- Check out the Christmas on Salt Spring calendar and leave a comment naming an event (past or future) happening on Salt Spring this season (1 entry)
- And/or, post the following on Twitter (1 entry)
I will draw one winner at random from all entries at 12:00pm on Tuesday, December 29, 2015. The winner will agree to be disclosed and do any follow-ups via social media with the Salt Spring team. Follow HelloSaltSpring on Twitter for the latest news.
Update The winner is Dale!