It’s almost time for Pirate Pak Day at White Spot where the purchase of regular kids Pirate Pak and exclusive Adult Pirate Paks will go to a great cause.
White Spot Pirate Pak Day
On Wednesday, August 12, 2015 White Spot will donate $2 from every Pirate Pak sold to Zajac Ranch for Children — an established BC charity that provides a once-in-a-lifetime summer camp experience to kids and young adults with life-threatening illnesses and chronic disabilities.
Pirate Pak was first created by Nat Bailey in 1968 to provide an exclusive dining experience for kids age 10 and under. This year the Pirate Pak celebrates its 47th birthday.
Pirate Paks will be available for all ages for dine-in and take-out. The special edition Adult Pirate Pak offers four options; the Legendary Burger, BC Chicken Burger, Bacon Cheddar Bigger Burger and Provolone Veggie Burger. Each mouth-watering choice is served in a fun cardboard boat, and comes complete with fresh-cut “endless” fries, creamy coleslaw, a soft drink, a scoop of premium rich ice cream and a chocolate “gold” coin.
Pirate Pak Facts
- Almost a million Pirate Paks were sold last year (39,350 of them were on Pirate Pak Day alone).
- Since 1968, more than 24 million Pirate Paks have been sold.
- With the option of substituting salad, juice, feature sundaes and shakes for the standard favourites, there are more than 675 different Kids Pirate Pak combinations, including vegetarian options.
- The Pirate Pak boat is 100% recyclable & compostable
- The most popular Pirate Pak item is the Pirate Pak Hamburger made with 100% fresh Canadian beef and White Spot’s famous Triple “O” sauce. Coming in a close second is our Pirate Pak with Macaroni & Cheese.
About Zajac Ranch for Children
Zajac Ranch‘s mission is to develop and operate an accessible, innovative and full-service facility that welcomes children and young adults facing chronic, life-threatening or debilitating conditions. It provides camp experiences that empower children of all abilities to participate, foster the development of life-long skills and independence and, create lasting opportunities for friendship and fulfillment.
Since 2008, White Spot has raised $347,172 for Zajac Ranch, providing more than 200 children and young adults the opportunity to create summertime memories and empower them to experience traditional camp activities – an opportunity that wouldn’t otherwise be possible. You can donate directly to Zajac Ranch online and visit your local White Spot on August 12th to show your support.
Win a $50 White Spot Gift Card
To spread the word about Pirate Pak Day this year, White Spot has offered up a $50 gift card for me to award one lucky reader. Here’s how you can enter to win:
- Leave a comment here naming your favourite White Spot menu item (1 entry)
- Post the following on Twitter (1 entry)
I will draw one winner at random from all entries at 5:00pm on Pirate Pak Day, Wednesday, August 12, 2015. Follow White Spot on Twitter and Facebook to stay up to date on their latest menu offerings and promotions.
Update The winner is Lynn Routley!