The BC Children’s Hospital Foundation is hosting their 27th annual Miracle Weekend on Global BC at 7:00pm-11:00pm Saturday, May 31st and 10:30am-5:30pm on Sunday, June 1st. This two-day celebration showcases the best of the hospital, including patients, families, caregivers, and supporters while raising much-needed funds.
BC Children’s Hospital Miracle Weekend 2014
Throughout Miracle WeekendMiracle Weekend, corporate and community groups congregate on-site at BC Children’s Hospital to celebrate their fundraising accomplishments for BC’s sick and injured kids. The event sees over 1,500 visitors to its live celebration site and in 2013, a record $18.3 million was raised, benefiting research, educational programs and equipment at BC Children’s Hospital. Miss604 readers contributed $4,020 of that total last year as well, through my personal donation page.
- Children’s Hospital cares for more than 85,000 kids each year
- More than 78,000 children visit the hospital annually, 67 per cent of whom live outside the city of Vancouver
- More than 170 open-heart surgeries are done at Children’s Hospital each year
- More than 730 kids come to Children’s Hospital every day
- One in every 100 B.C. babies is born with a heart disorder
Since 1988, British Columbians have raised more than $206 million through Miracle Weekend fundraising campaigns for the urgent needs of BC Children’s Hospital. Thanks in part to those donations, the way we care for children has been transformed.
Once again this year I am hosting a personal fundraising campaign to contribute to Miracle Weekend. Please join me in supporting the BC Children’s Hospital in helping them raise money to provide the best possible care to children across the province.