For decades the North Shore mountains have been a playground for locals and visitors, especially during ski season. Grouse Mountain had one of the first double chairlifts in the world when it was constructed in 1949, Mount Seymour has been enjoyed since 1938, and Mount Strachan & Black Mountain make up the popular Cypress Mountain Ski Area that was in the spotlight during the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics. Thanks to the City of Vancouver Archives, we can catch glimpses of what skiing (and ski equipment) on the North Shore has looked like over the years.
- Win a #ExploreCoquitlam Prize Pack when you share your photos from Lights at Lafarge. Details here »
- Enter here to win tickets to the Vancouver Motorcycle Show (until Dec 27)
- Enter here to win tickets to The Illusionists - Live from Broadway (until Dec 19)
- Enter here to win a tickets to opening night of Circle Game: Reimagining the Music of Joni Mitchell (until Dec 21)
- Enter here to win tickets to FlyOver Canada Christmas (until Dec 20)
- View a complete list of contests »