The Canadian Red Cross has recently released a mobile application that serves as a First Aid guide, emergency preparedness tool, and more.
As a member of the Red Cross’ Social Media Team, I downloaded the app when it was released and I talked about it on Dotto Tech’s radio show on AM650. Once a month Steve Dotto gathers a handful of mobile technology geeks (myself included) and we all vie for the title as “App Wednesday” champion by introducing 4 apps. By the end of the hour, a winner is chosen and this month it was me — with the Red Cross Canada First Aid App.
Available for iPhone and Android, this free app is a “must have”. Here are just some of its features:
- Simple, step-by-step instructions guide you through everyday first aid scenarios.
- Fully integrated with 911, so you can call EMS from the app at any time.
- Videos and animations to help you sharpen your first aid skills.
- Safety tips for everything from severe winter weather to hurricanes, earthquakes and tornadoes, to help you prepare for emergencies.
- Preloaded content means you have instant access to all safety information at any time, even without reception or an Internet connection.
- Interactive quizzes allow you to earn badges that you can share with your friends and show off your lifesaving knowledge.
While there is an emergency mode, this is the kind of app that you should study in advance so that you are more prepared in an emergency situation. There is so much information to go through that is provided with instructions and in video format.
Follow @RedCrossCanada on Twitter for more information about local, national, and global campaigns along with helpful updates and be sure to download the app for your device.