EAT! Vancouver will be filling BC Place Stadium with foodies, chefs, culinary experts, consumers from Friday, May 24th to Sunday, May 26th. Features of Canada’s largest consumer food, beverage and cooking festival include spotlights on local restaurants, celebrity guests, wine and beer, cooking classes, and more.
- Food Network Celebrity Stage: Catch Chuck Hughes (Food Network Celebrity Chef), Rob Feenie (Executive Chef, Cactus Club Restaurants), Bal Arneson (The Spice Goddess), and Anna Olson (Food Network Host).
- Bites of Vancouver: Sample bites from some of Vancouver’s top restaurants all under one roof.
- World Culinary Travel Expo: Talk, taste and learn about exciting international culinary destinations and cuisines from travel experts and representatives.
- International Culinary Stage: Showcasing talent from Canada and around the world featuring regional cuisine, hospitality and beverages.
- Culinary Classes: Get hands-on in the kitchen with Pacific Institute of Culinary Arts Chef Instructors.
- Wine, Beer & Spirits Tasting Pavilion: Sip some of the best wines, beers, and spirits from around BC.
- Grapes & Hops Stage: Two of the most popular ingredients in Vancouver! Sit in on an impressive line-up of seminars, tastings, and food pairing sessions.
- Cheese Seminars presented by The Dairy Farmers of Canada: Cheese experts from The Dairy Farmers of Canada will present a series of seminars on everything to do with cheese.
EAT! Vancouver will be open from 2:00pm to 9:00pm on Friday, May 24th; 10:00am to 9:00pm on Saturday, May 25th; 10:00am to 5:00pm on Sunday, May 26th.
Tickets are available online and at BC Place’s Gate A box office. Online tickets are $14 ($16 at the gate) for adults and seniors, $9 for youth, and children (12 and under, accompanied by adults) are free. Prices include taxes. With your ticket you get same-day re-entry with a handstamp and tickets are valid for a full day of entertainment.
Many samples are handed out for free from vendors but if you would like to increase your sample sizes, you can purchase Bite/Taste tickets which are $10 for 20 or $5 for 10 (cash only, ATMs are on site).
EAT! Vancouver has offered up a unique prize pack for one lucky Miss604 reader so that they can enjoy the best of the festival that includes:
- Family pack of tickets (4)
- Voucher for VIP seating (for 4) to any seminar on the Grapes & Hops Stage (winner’s choice)
- A copy of Rob Feenie’s Casual Classics cookbook and a copy of Weber Canada’s Real New Grilling cookbook
- A beer t-shirt, a wine aerator courtesy of Anna Olson, and a salt & pepper grinder from Mott’s Clamato
Here’s how you can enter to win this prize pack:
Leave a comment here naming a favourite dish that you like to cook at home (1 entry)
Post the following on Twitter (1 entry)
I will draw one winner at random from all entries (must be 19+ to enter) at 12:00pm on Thursday, May 16, 2013. Follow EAT! Vancouver on Facebook and Twitter for all pertinent festival info and updates.
Update The winner is Scott Podwinski!