The BC Children’s Hospital Foundation is hosting their 26th annual Miracle Weekend on Global BC from 7:00pm Saturday, June 1st until 5:30pm on Sunday, June 2nd. This two-day celebration showcases the best of the hospital, including patients, families, caregivers, and supporters while raising much-needed funds.
Last year, Miracle Weekend raised over $17 million for the BC Children’s Hospital, setting a new record. In total, these events have raised over $188 million for the hospital since 1988. Donations are used to support the purchase of life-saving equipment, research into the treatment, prevention and cure of childhood diseases, recruitment and educational programs for caregivers, and programs in communities throughout the province.
How to Get Involved
- Buy a button and support Jeans Day on April 25, 2013 (now passed but consider participating next year).
- Put together and join our Slo-Pitch tournament on May 24 – 26, 2013.
- Take part as a family, corporate team or school team in ChildRun on June 2, 2013.
- Raise funds through your organization or corporation by joining the Miracle Weekend Committee.
- Start your own event and get your community involved.
- Create a personal online fundraising page and join the Miracle Maker Panel.
I have a fundraising campaign as well to contribute to Miracle Weekend and I will also be a guest during the broadcast on Sunday afternoon. While I am not a parent (I am a very proud aunt) I am always happy to help out the BC Children’s Hospital Foundation because of the great work that they do.