BC Children’s Hospital Miracle Weekendby
The BC Children’s Hospital Foundation is hosting their 26th annual Miracle Weekend on Global BC from 7:00pm Saturday, June 1st until 5:30pm on Sunday, June 2nd. This two-day celebration showcases the best of the hospital, including patients, families, caregivers, and supporters while raising much-needed funds.
Last year, Miracle Weekend raised over $17 million for the BC Children’s Hospital, setting a new record. In total, these events have raised over $188 million for the hospital since 1988. Donations are used to support the purchase of life-saving equipment, research into the treatment, prevention and cure of childhood diseases, recruitment and educational programs for caregivers, and programs in communities throughout the province.
How to Get Involved
- Buy a button and support Jeans Day on April 25, 2013 (now passed but consider participating next year).
- Put together and join our Slo-Pitch tournament on May 24 – 26, 2013.
- Take part as a family, corporate team or school team in ChildRun on June 2, 2013.
- Raise funds through your organization or corporation by joining the Miracle Weekend Committee.
- Start your own event and get your community involved.
- Create a personal online fundraising page and join the Miracle Maker Panel.
I have a fundraising campaign as well to contribute to Miracle Weekend and I will also be a guest during the broadcast on Sunday afternoon. While I am not a parent (I am a very proud aunt) I am always happy to help out the BC Children’s Hospital Foundation because of the great work that they do.
Follow BC Children’s Hospital Foundation on Facebook and Twitter for more information and be sure to tune in on June 1st and 2nd.