Vancouver’s ultimate bike festival, Velopalooza, is on for the next two weeks with a packed schedule of over 125 events.
Every morning begins with what they’re calling “Morning Mass” — a sunrise bike ride starting out from Devonian Harbour Park at Georgia and Denman. We’re now three days into Velopalooza and some of the upcoming events include:
- Junktion Kickball Dusk Ride: Drop-in kickball for adults tonight at 7:00pm at Robson Park on Kingsway.
- Mystery Ride: Departing from Broadway and Commercial tomorrow, Tuesday, June 19th.
- Meet up for beer & ride bikes to the Whitecaps game (free bike valet) on Wednesday, June 20th.
- PEDAL Ladies Night: Come learn to fix your bike with a bunch of great ladies at the Pedal Depot.
- Bike! Bike! Conference on Thursday, June 22nd. An international annual conference organized by and for not-for-profit community bicycle projects and initiatives.
- Richmond Dyke Dash: A non-competitive fast paced ride from the RiverRock Casino to Gary Point and then up the dyke to shell and back to the casino following the the shell road trail on Friday, June 22nd.
- 5th Community Bike Fair at Second Street Community School in Burnaby on Friday, June 22nd.
- 2nd Annual Kiddiepalooza at MacLean Park on Saturday, June 23rd.
- Water Gun Bike Wars on Saturday, June 23rd meeting at the Village on False Creek.
- … And that’s just the first week! Velopalooza runs until July 2nd in and around Vancouver.
A full schedule of events, that are either free or very affordable, is posted online. All you need to bring is your bike. Everyone has the chance to lead a ride by adding it to the calendar and Velopalooza operates year-round, promoting bike-themed events around the city.
Follow Velopalooza on Facebook and Twitter for more information and event updates.