Mother’s Day in Vancouver 2012by
Mother’s Day is May 13th this year as cards, flowers, and fancy perfumes fly off store shelves with the help of gift-giving children.
It’s as good a time as any to show mom that you care and if you’re looking for an event or brunch around town, there are some great resources available to help you plan something special.
- Tourism Vancouver’s helpful blog offers up two great resources: Top Spots for Mother’s Day Brunch and where to find Mother’s Day tea.
- The main Tourism Vancouver site also features options for relaxing: 8 Spa Treatments to Make You Melt.
- If you’re looking for a wide variety of brunch options, Erin Ireland has bee curating a list of the city’s best brunch spots: Best Brunch in Vancouver.
- The online reservation system Open Table has a list of restaurants accepting reservations: Mother’s Day Brunch.
- Back to tea, the Westender (now WE Vancouver) also has a list of their top picks for afternoon tea: Mother’s Day Afternoon Teas in Vancouver.
You could check out a DOXA Festival film, the EPIC Expo, or another local event.
There’s also a bevy of free options like talking a seaside walk around Stanley Park, smelling the flowers at Queen Elizabeth Park, checking out the catch of the day at Granville Island Market, or shopping along Robson, West 4th, or South Granville (warning: you may need to open your wallet for this last option as spring/summer fashions are now in stock).
1 Comment — Comments Are Closed
What are more frugal things to do this weekend?
My mom is visiting from Ontario and I want to take her and my wife (new mom) somewhere nice.