Capilano Suspension Bridge Park Anniversary Deals

So.Cial Custom Butcher Shop and Deli

Thursday, July 19th, 2007 — 3:25pm PDT

A short while ago Keira told me about the butcher shop/deli at So.Cial, the place I’ve been passing on my way to work for months and always thought it was *just* an oyster bar. But on recommendation from Rod, Keira then checked it out, loved it and passed along the knowledge to yours truly.

Today a co-worker and I wanted to grab a quick bite for lunch and he said the word “sandwich”. I immediately thought of this place and we decided to go check it out. From 322 Water Street, head up the stairs and to the back of the hallway, past the restaurant/oyster bar.

Choose from our selection of local & organic custom cut meats, house made charcuterie, terrines, sausages, bacon and a delicious assortment of condiments. Special orders are also welcome. [So.Cial]

so.cial custom butcher & deli sammichEveryone was right, it’s DELICIOUS. I had the “small” sandwich (which was anything but), choosing from any type of select meat and every delectable topping imaginable. The “small” is a triangle-sized portion of fresh focaccia and comes with a side of house-made chips for $4.50. I have to say, we’ll definitely be back.

So.Cial at Le Magasin in Vancouver

1. I tried going there today, but the lineup was too long and I didn’t have time to wait. Will have to try again soon.

2. Rebecca says:

we were there around 1pm – there was no line and room at the counter to sit and eat 🙂

3. Keira-Anne says:

And next time, I’ll go with you again!

4. Dave says:

We went over today on your tip and were heartily impressed – a “small” sandwich, fresh crispy chips and beer for $7 + we had a few oysters delivered to the patio. A fine choice.

5. Raul says:

WOW. I hadn’t planned to be at So.Cial any time soon but now I ought to go!

6. gigi says:

I’m intrigued by your review…I went there for dinner back in June and was not too impressed. Our sides were overcooked and the entrees were quite greasy. Maybe their lunch is better or they have just improved since so perhaps it’s time I gave it another try!

Hi gigi, actually I’ve never eaten at “So.cial” itself, just the ‘So.cial Custom Butcher Shop & Deli’ shop behind it (toward the back, across the hall), that’s the establishment that the review is for. Their sandwiches are really tasty and a good bang for you buck!

8. Jer says:

we’re going to check it out right now. thanks for convincing us with a rave review!

9. Sean Orr says:

Say hi. I might give you some extra pickles.

aw man. i don’t work in gastown anymore – but maybe next time i’m in the neighbourhood…

11. vostokone says:

Can you get that NOT on focaccia?

12. […] thanks to the folks at So.Cial for the delicious sandwiches at lunch […]

13. Seems like a pretty decently priced meal. I’ve heard good things about So.Cial. Will def pay a visit some day.

Naughty Future Shop Video Helper