Meet with real farmers, on real farms and enjoy real farm food! The Delta Farmland and Wildlife Trust (“DF&WT”) is hosting the 14th annual Day at the Farm community event on September 7th.
A Day at the Farm
When: Saturday, September 7, 2019 10:00am to 4:00pm
Where: Westham Island Herb Farm, Delta
Admission: By donation, bring non-perishable food items for the local food bank
The goal of the event is to help educate our communities about the nature and importance of agriculture and non-market environmental services that it provides. The event will feature the very popular hay-wagon farm tours (led by 3rd generation farmer Gordon Ellis), as well as:
- Live Local Music Talent Show
- Live Mini-Auction
- Homemade Food Contest (pies and jams)
- BC Fresh Potato Dig
- Vancouver Food Trucks featuring Delta ingredients!
- Antique Tractors and Farm Equipment
- BC Chicken Growers’ Association’s Poultry In Motion replica of a broiler chicken farm
- BC Agriculture in the Classroom and student chefs preparing local fare
- Wildlife Conservation on Farmland
DF&WT is a non-profit organization that promotes the annual preservation of over 3,500 ares of farmland and wildlife habitat on the lower Fraser River delta through co-operative land stewardship with local farmers.
For more information visit the Delta Farmland & Wildlife Trust Facebook page.
A Miss604.com guest post by Alexis Miles
Alexis Miles is a college student with a passion for writing, hiking, and live music.