Back by popular demand, Music on Main returns to Vancouver’s Mount Pleasant Park to brighten up your summer evenings with free, live music. With an overwhelming positive response from last year’s ten pop-up events, they’re back with completely fresh music that is sure to brighten your summer nights.
Summer Pop-Up Concerts with Music on Main
- When: August 9-12 & 16-18, 2022. Concerts start at 6:30pm.
- Where: Mount Pleasant Park (W 16th Ave at Ontario St in Vancouver)
- Tickets: None/Free admission
Enjoy a variety of top-flight musicians and soul-stirring repertoire that invites you to take a breath and simply listen.
- Tuesday, August 9: Paolo Bortolussi (flute), Min Jee Yoon (cello), and Lani Krantz (harp)
- Wednesday, August 10: Microcosmos String Quartet (Marc Destrubé, violin; Andrea Siradze, violin; Tawnya Popoff, viola; Rebecca Wenham, cello)
- Thursday, August 11: Cedar String Quartet (Norah Mix, violin; Mio Nakajo, violin; Johnny Huang, viola; Julian Lee De Vita, cello) plus Brooklyn Wood (violin) and Bruno Quezada Chávez (cello)
- Friday, August 12: To be announced
- Tuesday, August 16: Vancouver Youth Choir, Carrie Tennant, Artistic Director
- Wednesday, August 17: BC Chinese Music Ensemble (Bruce Bai, vocals; Dailin Hsieh, zheng; Geling Jiang, liuqin/ruan/sanxian; Charlie Lui, dizi; Yun Song, erhu; Zhongxi Wu, suona/sheng)
- Thursday, August 18: Vashaan Ensemble (Saina Khaledi, santour; Ali Razmi, tar/setar/vocals; Bardia Sadeghi, tombak/daf; Ali Sajjadi, oud)
To celebrate the return of live music in the park, Music on Main is giving away a season’s pass to their November 2022 Modulus Festival and Music for the Winter Solstice in December for one lucky audience member and a guest, plus a $100 gift card to one of Main Street’s favourite restaurants. To enter this giveaway, sign up for Music on Main’s e-newsletter. All e-mail sign ups between August 1-22, 2022 will be entered automatically into this exciting contest for a chance to listen to adventurous music and enjoy a delicious meal.