Enjoy activities, art, flowers, talks, tours, and more all month long when Burnaby Blooms returns for the first time since 2019. It all kicks off Saturday, May 7th with a festival at the Shadbolt Centre for the Arts at Deer Lake Park.
Burnaby Blooms Festival
- When: Saturday, May 7, 2022 10:00am to 4:00pm
- Where: Shadbolt Centre for the Arts (6450 Deer Lake Ave)
- Admission: Many activities are free, some require $5 pre-registration
Festival highlights include an eco-art installation curated by local Burnaby artist Nickie Lewis, educational and cultural walking tours, gardening workshops and plant sales, a speaker series, roving performers, live music and a fabulous kid’s stage featuring free family-friendly entertainment all day.
Enjoy workshops about everything from felted wool to poetry, natural dyes to en plein air painting. Take a tour around the Burnaby heron colony, hear an Indigenous woman’s perspective of spring on the waters of the BC coast with Rosemary Georgeson or learn food preservation from Lucette Wesley of the South Burnaby Garden Club. There will be over 15 performers on stage throughout the day as well!
Be inspired by stunning art displays made of flowers, plants and natural materials while enjoying the beauty of Deer Lake Park.
This activity series promotes the long-term sustainability and the ecological health of the community in a fun and creative environment. Enjoy Burnaby Blooms across the city with micro-events each weekend:
- Confederation Park
- Saturday, May 14: Workshops include beeswax candle making, fish leather tanning, a forest walk and more
- Central Park
- Saturday, May 21: Make your own terrarium jars, grow your own food, paint en plein air, be sure to pre-register for workshops that pique your interest
- Burnaby Mountain Conservation Area
- Saturday, May 28: Make pine cone owls, do an eco-sculpture activity or learn the art of Shibori, take a photography tour and learn Indigenous history with John Priessl
View the full activity schedule and book your pre-registration for workshops online in advance.