Enjoy the Flavours of the Surrey Spice Trailby
Over 45 additional restaurants, cafes, tour companies and retail stores reflective of Surrey’s community are being added to the Surrey Spice Trail this month. Diners now have the choice of over 75 delicious global dining opportunities, including exciting destinations for African and Syrian cuisines. New partners include established family-run restaurants, cafes showcasing fine dining, and much-loved neighbourhood favourites.
Enjoy the Flavours of the Surrey Spice Trail
Surrey’s Spice Trail is focused on the people that make multicultural dining in Surrey so special. Well-known chefs, like Vikram Vij (My Shanti), dedicated cooks, tireless front of house staff, and entire families work together to bring the flavours of their home countries to life in Surrey.
Highlights of the newly expanded Spice Trail:
- African – Taste of Africa: Jollof Rice and Honey-Jerk Chicken
- El Salvadoran – Don Chepe’s: Pupusas (corn griddle cake)
- Vietnamese – KG Banh Mi & Coffee: Bun Nuoc Leo (rice noodle soup)
- Indian – Clove: The Art of Dining: Awadhi Raan (spiced, slow cooked lamb)
- Malaysian – Umami Ramen & Grill: Curry Laksa Ramen
- Syrian – Syrian Gourmet: Shawarma and Baklava
- Korean – DONi: Yabi Mandoo (pork dumpling with spicy sauce)
- Spice Trail Tours – Local tour operator Chew on This Tasty Tours offers Spice Trail experiences, leaving visitors to enjoy fun tastings with no planning needed.
“Bringing together so many different styles of food underneath one banner is a bit of a metaphor for Surrey, in general,” says Julia Barrieros, Chair of the Board of Directors for Discover Surrey and General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Surrey, “We’re excited to expand upon the success of the Surrey Spice Trail and can’t wait to give visitors the opportunity discover new restaurants ranging from high-end bistros to local take-out favourites.”
For more information, visit the Surrey Spice Trail website for an interactive map, travel blog descriptions of each restaurant, and tips on how to get more out of your dining experience.