The Eastside Arts Society (“EAS”) presents the new CREATE! Arts Festival, an art-making event (and more) taking place at Woodland Park and several Eastside studios on the weekend of August 21 and 22, 2021.
CREATE! Arts Festival
- When: Saturday, August 21 & Sunday, August 22, 2021
- Where: Woodland Park (705 Woodland Dr)
- Terminal City Glass Co-op (1191 Parker St)
- The Mergatroid Building (975 Vernon Dr)
- Georgina Lohan Studio (1000 Parker St)
- Tickets: Book online in advance. $25 per workshop ($10 for children’s workshop)
The festival will feature a free community art installation on August 21, facilitated by artist Amy Walker, with a limited rotating capacity in alignment with COVID protocols. Participants will be asked to create a piece of art based on their vision for the local community, with each creation added to the installation over the course of the day.
40 art-making workshops will be taught by 11 artists, including Grace Lee (eikcam ceramics), Christine Moulson, Mat Holmstrom, Beata Kacy, Denise Wilson (Bronsino Leather), Krista Johnson, Haisla Collins, Naomi Yamamoto, Chantal Cardinal, Lori Goldberg, and Amberlie Perkin (Kids Workshop). Workshops for adults are recommended for those aged 16+ and kids workshops are recommended for those aged 6+. All workshops on Saturday, August 21 will be hosted outdoors at Woodland Park (705 Woodland Dr, Vancouver).
Several Eastside studios, including at Terminal City Glass Co-op (1191 Parker St), with Bruce Inglis & Edge City Woodworking at The Mergatroid Building (975 Vernon Dr), and Georgina Lohan Studio (1161 Parker St), will host workshops on Sunday, August 22.
Art, Bike & Beer Crawl Fundraiser
The Eastside Arts Society is also pairing two of the best things about Vancouver’s Eastside, Art + Beer in a fun summer online auction. This year, participants can purchase beer totes, kombucha totes and/or bid on art growlers created by 23 Culture Crawl artists.
The Art, Bike, Beer Crawl online auction started July 24th and will end Saturday, August 21st, 2021 at midnight. There are a handful of fun (and tasty) “Buy it Now” items you can purchase at the auction as well, including a ‘Bucha or Beer package in custom Culture Crawl totes.
The Annual Art, Bike, Beer Crawl fundraiser helps support the Eastside Arts Society’s initiatives by promoting local arts and culture through community engagement.
Enter to Win
To promote the CREATE! Arts Festival and the Art, Bike & Beer Crawl Fundraiser, I have a really fun prize pack to give away (valued at $325) that includes:
- 2 special edition Beer + Kombucha totes
- including lots of other tasty goodies and a DIY public art tour map
- 2 tickets to a workshop at the CREATE! Arts Festival
- $100 gift card to Opus Art Supplies
- 1 custom Eastside Culture Crawl umbrella
Here’s how you can enter to win:
- Leave a comment on this post (1 entry)
- Like/comment on this post on Facebook (1 entry)
- Follow CREATE! Arts Festival & Miss604 on Facebook (1 entry)
I will draw one winner at random from all entries at 12:00pm on Wednesday, August 18, 2021. UPDATE: The winner is Amil!